The reason why we can be satisfied with this game

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
ST, Running Game, and defense looked very good today…..if the passing game was better it would have been a blowout instead of the offense scoring just 1 TD into the 3rd quarter

It was blowout, Pops.

IncompleteAcrobaticDeinonychus-max-1mb.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it was 10-6 Going into the 4th quarter against the worst defense in the league, Tad.

so……we blew them out. When crunch time came around it was curtains. What are you crying about?

they ran the ball, didn’t throw for 49 times and blew them out. Isn’t that what everyone wanted?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
lol……whatever.
You’re the biggest damned contrarian I’ve ever seen. I always support Dak and said he was fine today but a bit rusty as anyone would expect. You simply love to argue for some damned reason. Go start it with someone else cause I’m not in the mood to deal with children.

shabazz

Reaction score
so……we blew them out. When crunch time came around it was curtains. What are you crying about?

they ran the ball, didn’t throw for 49 times and blew them out. Isn’t that what everyone wanted?

I thought that most of us didn’t expect the offense to be playing in the 4th quarter with just 1 TD against the WORST defense in the league

Be happy with that performance if you want. Most of know that if it doesn’t improve, it will be another exit from the playoffs……if they make the playoffs

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
it was 10-6 Going into the 4th quarter against the worst defense in the league, Tad.

The Lions fumbling at the one as they were about to go ahead killed them. Got them in panic mode on the next series and that's when TO happen. INTs and fumbles by Goff. Once they were one dimensional, forget about it. The D went wild. It was about to be a nailbiter had they scored that TD.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I thought that most of us didn’t expect the offense to be playing in the 4th quarter with just 1 TD against the WORST defense in the league

Be happy with that performance if you want. Most of know that if it doesn’t improve, it will be another exit from the playoffs……if they make the playoffs

We won because eventually The Lions became The Lions. It's what they do.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Yes, the first half was just incredibly bad on offense, Dak had more rust on his game than expected. Kellen's ludicrous calls did their own.

But, as a whole they continued to do what has worked in those previous 4 wins. Playing an unspectacular game management kind of offense. Utilizing the run game instead of hanging the QB out to dry will be the recipe for more wins down the road. And when Dak found his rhythm, they did just enough to win it. The defense could have allowed their usual 16 points.

Now of course this won't be enough for the play offs. We would have lost against the Eagles again today. But this game was to show if Dak can be in control of his offense and he was.

So while the next game will also be more of a practice session, once we face GB we'll know where we stand. And as of now we're not in such a bad position all things considered. Instead of getting hyped up like last season it's been a reality check after reality check this year. And I like it that way.

One game at a time. And no more racking up useless stats.
So we can be satisfied with this game because it's a win, but it's not giving anyone the big head from it. Ugly wins build character....We hope.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
nothing like calling a reverse up 17-6 trying to bleed the clock

im telling you he's gonna pull out a flea flicker up 23-20 in an important game with 1 minute left on 3rd down at midfield

When Moore first started as OC we got a lot of quick hitting misdirection plays. That stuff disappeared, to be replaced lately with slow developing misdirection way behind the LOS. No likey.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So we can be satisfied with this game because it's a win, but it's not giving anyone the big head from it. Ugly wins build character....We hope.
Nah, I like it. By not getting anything going for three quarters against one of the worst defenses this season our work has been cut out for us.

And instead of taking more chances and start the risky plays, they kept it safe and relied on short passes and the run game. That's what I wanna see. Dak was still too slow and not very mobile. But that's what I was talking about in the thread starter. They kept their cool and managed the game well. No panic, no stupid risky plays. Just like in those 4 previous wins the defense made it happen and they kept singing to that tune til the end.

lwehlers

Reaction score
nothing like calling a reverse up 17-6 trying to bleed the clock

im telling you he's gonna pull out a flea flicker up 23-20 in an important game with 1 minute left on 3rd down at midfield
that play ticked me off as well. just run the ball up the middle and quit screwing around that was ticks me off with moore.