The Referee for tomorrows game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like we get Shawn Smith.

48cbe-16947678272701-1920.jpg

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/nfl-referee-assignments-penalty-trends-betting-impact/

JBS

Reaction score
Honestly, I just want the officiating crew to call a "fair and balanced" game. Is that too much to ask??
You got a fair and balanced game last week

Missing calls doesn’t make it unfair or unbalanced. Missed calls both ways last week

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Probably will be zero against Washington tomorrow. Actually, I think the league would like for at least one to be called. That way, it can hope the narrative that it doesn't call any where Parsons holds can be tamped down.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, I just want the officiating crew to call a "fair and balanced" game. Is that too much to ask??
It is not too much to ask. Unfortunately, most rules are subjectively judged.

The best hope is getting the most qualified overall crew of referees calling your game. Fair and balanced may not be achieved but the end result will be closer to it than the summation of calls in most games.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think that it goes beyond fair and balanced for some of them. The phantom "tripping" call shows an alarming level of incompetence.

I also think there's a groupthink mentality that the Cowboys "undisciplined" team must surely be committing penalties, therefore the high number of subjective calls we see every week

Conversely, "historically disciplined" teams like the Steelers, Packers and Patriots get the benefit of the doubt and almost never get calls against them in critical times of the game like Us and the Raiders are.....it's been tolerated and accepted.