The sad part on if Dallas beat the Pats

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Most teams win games like this and get hot the rest of the way on into the playoffs. Sometimes those teams get to the championship and even the SB.

The disturbing thing about Dallas is even if we beat the pats, it will still not be enough for this team to turn the corner.

They could still turn around and blow every game left on the schedule by shooting themselves in the foot because that is just the type of unpredictable team this is.

I am not as hyped about the Pats as most, only because I know that "Cowboys vs Cowboys" remains on standby every week.

At some point Dallas will need to find a way to get consistent. Not their cup of tea.
You're saying there's a chance? Believe, hope and have faith.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most teams win games like this and get hot the rest of the way on into the playoffs. Sometimes those teams get to the championship and even the SB.

The disturbing thing about Dallas is even if we beat the pats, it will still not be enough for this team to turn the corner.

They could still turn around and blow every game left on the schedule by shooting themselves in the foot because that is just the type of unpredictable team this is.

I am not as hyped about the Pats as most, only because I know that "Cowboys vs Cowboys" remains on standby every week.

At some point Dallas will need to find a way to get consistent. Not their cup of tea.
Do you think beating the Pats and losing the rest of the games is anywhere in the stratosphere of a real possibility?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Knowing this team, a victory over the Patriots might actually deflate the Cowboys. It could make the Cowboys crest a wave, emotion-wise, and then have less energy down the stretch.

I'm so glad that you have the mind reading ability to know as fact what every player and coach will think from here on out. That must be a terrible burden on you knowing all this and can't do anything about it.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This team would get WAYYYY too hyped after winning against the Pats, they'd likely lose the next game (Bills). This team doesn't have the maturity to handle themselves consistently after big wins to win said games after.
Last year after we won against the Saints, we won against the Eagles, and then proceeded to lay an egg against the Colts. When we won a big game against the Hawks, we lost against the Rams. Garrett never had this team psychologically or mentally prepped up for big games or games following the big games.

And just how many fans were saying the same thing last season when the Cowboys started 3-5 and then week after week kept winning. Yet week after week "fans" kept saying that it will end and the Cowboys would again miss the playoffs. I'm so surprised that many here actually watch the games because they are so sure what's going to happen.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Yep. On a week to week basis it's easy to predict our game plans but difficult to predict our success.

Hrmm well that sux. Should be something like difficult to predict our game........

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Winning there is no sad part unless you come out with a ton of injuries.

ESisback

Reaction score
We could dominate for 59 minutes, then something freaky happens, and we lose by one point, which means we suck, the “embarrassment of the NFL”!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant see how youd be shocked
Hell, if nothing else, the fact they have the Commanders left says that's very unlikely.

On top of that, they haven't had that kind of negative run since 2015, and then only after losing the QB. And then there is the fact that other than 2015 they have been a pretty successful regular season team the last 5 years. And then, there is the fact we have one of the top offenses in the NFL. And then there is the fact we play 3 of those last 5 games at home. And then there is the fact we have already shown we can beat the Eagles. Then there is the fact the Bears aren't a particularly strong team. Then, there is the fact that the Bills are winning by narrow margins, even against bad teams.

In all, there is nothing so impressive about the schedule, or so unsettling about the Cowboys that there should be any realistic concern about finishing the season 0-5.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Hell, if nothing else, the fact they have the Commanders left says that's very unlikely.

On top of that, they haven't had that kind of negative run since 2015, and then only after losing the QB. And then there is the fact that other than 2015 they have been a pretty successful regular season team the last 5 years. And then, there is the fact we have one of the top offenses in the NFL. And then there is the fact we play 3 of those last 5 games at home. And then there is the fact we have already shown we can beat the Eagles. Then there is the fact the Bears aren't a particularly strong team. Then, there is the fact that the Bills are winning by narrow margins, even against bad teams.

In all, there is nothing so impressive about the schedule, or so unsettling about the Cowboys that there should be any realistic concern about finishing the season 0-5.

Yeah then id hope the cowboys arnt playing for something because for some reason I believe the skins would actually get up for that.

Talk about cherry on top of the cake for a season