The saddest thing of all

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DLaw has been a bust since he signed his huge contract at the beginning of last season, we can all pretty much agree on that but some of the players that are getting trashed on the board makes you wonder if some just don’t have a clue or simple don’t watch the games.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lawrence isn't playing like people want but he's not unproductive. He's producing and he's been our best pass rusher.

You post a lot of stuff that I just can’t help but shake my head at.

But this, by far, takes the cake.

To use the words “has been our best pass rusher” and use any name besides Aldon Smith is insane.

And for 2019, you’d use the name Robert Quinn in that sentence; not Lawrence.

I truly believe you say a lot of things purely to go against the grain and stir reactions, but don’t stoop this low.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looking at some of the highest paid players on the roster. Tyron Smith, D Law, Zeke, Amari, etc. The little to no productivity this season from these players.

I wouldn't include Amari in that. He's producing *and* still drawing more attention than Gallup or Lamb.

Zeke is probably being held back by the juggled oline and the need to score 40 to be in a game. I wouldn't have extended him, but he's looked better this year than last.

If you're going to put Tyron, you could put Collins too. I wouldn't put either.

Best you can say about DLaw is that he's drawing attention, but he isn't producing. Jaylon, bad.

Ah, you forgot Crawford. Big time bandit there. Probably top of my list for guys I don't expect any more from. Just take the write down on Crawford an play Gallimore already.

DLaw. Crawford. Jaylon. The Boyziest of the Hot Boyz.

Maybe they'll revive their careers if they run from the Hot Boyz curse, like Taco.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
"DLaw sucks!"

"So why is he still being double teamed?"

"Well.... the opponents must suck too!!"

The big issue on defense is the lack of offseason/preseason.

Strange how that's not slowing down the guy who hasn't played for 5 years.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Looking at some of the highest paid players on the roster. Tyron Smith, D Law, Zeke, Amari, etc. The little to no productivity this season from these players. You can't win when your salary cap is top heavy in unproductive talent.

Amari Cooper deserves his contract. He has fundamentally changed our offense. Now teams can't just focus on Zeke. They also have to worry about Cooper. as well.

I don't agree that Zeke deserved such a big contract. But I have to say he is an important part of this offense. He has too much money tied to his contract.

Tyron Smith has been great for the Cowboys. I'm glad he signed with us for a long time but his breaking down. If there is anyone that deserves a big contract, its him.

Lastly, I agree with you about Dlaw. Terrible contract. He only had one good year and that was during his contract year. He was never with pressure and rushing the QB. In a year or two I think we should bite the dust and try to trade him. I don't think he is worth it.

visionary

Reaction score
are you high Cooper 2nd in receiving amongst WRs nearly 100 a game, Zeke was hot and they game planned him out of the game last Sunday but hes still 8th in rushing right now..TS is hurt and will be back. Maybe could have played the last 2 weeks coaches held him out

you might want actually have facts when you post

but good observation wherever you got your info at..

this
Some fans just can’t see

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....im not buying it. Dlaw is only one that can be accounted for. Even saying that, he has the most QB pressures on the team. Just bad luck not getting there.
This is true. And I also think DLaw is playing hurt. He’s not hurt enough to not play, but he hasn’t been 100% for a while. And he’s a good leader, showing toughness and grit. I’m disappointed with his sack numbers too, but he’s not as bad as too many fans think.

John813

Reaction score
Oh yes, Tyron Smith and his 6.4mil cap hit this year is destroying this team.

Why Tyron, why. Damn you and your neck injury.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You post a lot of stuff that I just can’t help but shake my head at.

But this, by far, takes the cake.

To use the words “has been our best pass rusher” and use any name besides Aldon Smith is insane.

And for 2019, you’d use the name Robert Quinn in that sentence; not Lawrence.

I truly believe you say a lot of things purely to go against the grain and stir reactions, but don’t stoop this low.
Maybe I should say he’s been ONE of our best pass rushers......

I’d hardly call that unproductive.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Blueblood, love ya, but Zeke is top 3 RB in the league, so 8th is good? Tyron is ALWAYS hurt and they held him back and that is good? Coop is fine, we love him. DLaw is fine just not disruptive. That's not the problem.
OL is very average, defense is just pathetic (turnovers, hurries, pressures, 3rd downs, you name it) they are horrible.
I'll be surprised if they beat Cleveland.
dude do you not follow football he was top 3 forst 2 games they didnt use him properly and did it ion purpose ie game planned to just throw it 50times a game..all week leadig up to game they daid they were goig to do it and well it happened.. you cant give a RB like zeke 3-4 carries a drive and hope he has a good game..the stats for the gae dont show it because it just shows carries and yards but nothow those caaries were used in the game and they just sprattically handed it to him and never schemned the run into the game plan at all..we LOST and well continue to lose more then win if Daks throwing 50times game and you leave zeke on the bench's or a decoy and blocker..

watch the dang GAMES dude theres a story behind the lack of production, first 2 games zeke was hot they didnt use him game 3..and? you cant just look at stat sheets to know whats going on..

They are obviously going pass happy like the old Cowboys offenses in early romo years and Zekes getting game planned out of carries. He will starve and we will continue to lose..

zekes 2 best years Playoffs, Zekes down years no payoffs..figure it out you cant have Dak pass 48 times a game and win many of those especially with this patched together OL..

we need balance

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't include Amari in that. He's producing *and* still drawing more attention than Gallup or Lamb.

Zeke is probably being held back by the juggled oline and the need to score 40 to be in a game. I wouldn't have extended him, but he's looked better this year than last.

If you're going to put Tyron, you could put Collins too. I wouldn't put either.

Best you can say about DLaw is that he's drawing attention, but he isn't producing. Jaylon, bad.

Ah, you forgot Crawford. Big time bandit there. Probably top of my list for guys I don't expect any more from. Just take the write down on Crawford an play Gallimore already.

DLaw. Crawford. Jaylon. The Boyziest of the Hot Boyz.

Maybe they'll revive their careers if they run from the Hot Boyz curse, like Taco.

ONE GAME zeke didnt produce he was hot the fist two games as he was the last 4-5 games of the season in the first half of games and then Km forgot zeke was on the roister in the 2nd half, period a blind fan would know they game planned to throw 50time and left zeke as decoy and sporadically handed it off.. KM is more the issue, period,...

he for sure cant strike balance hes reminding me of of Early Garett OC years with Romo they either got pass happy or ran far too much , no balance its how you CALL a game once it starts , throw game plan out after 15 mins and you see how a game unfolding.. KM is having issues with calling agame where you use all your weapons properly by design,,..

Zeke is fine he could still be the top RB in the league yards wise if hes not game planned out of game by design and that what happened in Seatle..