The SB is over, so now what?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the SB is out of the way. SF did not get #6. KC ended a 50 year drought.
I have no care or concern about either one. Just glad it is over.

So where do we go from here. I will not watch any of the sports how's for several weeks, let them get all of their talk done, as I don't want to hear it. Mostly because of jealousy we don't have a QB like that. :laugh:
Oh I am sure I will catch a few minutes here and there.

Anyway, in a few weeks I will tune in and the NFL Combine will be getting geared up, and what teams will tag what players. Then FA starts mid March. This is where we go. It will still be slow news times off and on.

However with the new coaching staff it will still be interesting of the direction this team takes. With all the FA's as well, and some key players also involved in this. Think by draft time will should have a decent idea of this direction, and the draft will make that direction better.

Also the OTA's will be interesting, even though we may not get a true feel about the team as to the exact schemes. It will provide some insight to some good threads (and hopefully new topics) as the new defense unfolds, and any changes in the offense.

But for now, what happens next? I guess rumors of player movement still, from all teams.

quickccc

Reaction score
Free agency and NFL draft

this is Stephen- McClay and McCarthy time of the season to decide who comes in/goes out in FA, and then there's the draft.

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm going to sit around and fantasize about Mike McCarthy visiting Krispy Kreme and Pachos here is the DFW area and getting intimidatingly fat so we can scare other teams!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) Will we sign any good players in free agency?
2) What will happen to Dak?
3) Who are we keeping and/or re-signing?
4) Who are we not keeping and/or re-signing?
5) Who are we going to draft?
6) Comments after first new coach-player interactions
7) Comments after first OTAs

That's just the things off the top of my head.

There's a lot to look forward to this off-season for the first time in a long time!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only satisfaction I got out of the game last night was the fact that the once invincible "We-Win-The-Super-Bowl-Every-Time-We-Go-Baby!" franchise chalked up their second straight appearance defeat lol.

I am highly interested in how player evaluation is conducted for the combine with the infusion of his new coaching staff. Will the front office draft board be noticeably different this year from the past six or so drafts?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
28 weeks worth of nonsense threads.

3o1ogz.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the SB is out of the way. SF did not get #6. KC ended a 50 year drought.
I have no care or concern about either one. Just glad it is over.

So where do we go from here. I will not watch any of the sports how's for several weeks, let them get all of their talk done, as I don't want to hear it. Mostly because of jealousy we don't have a QB like that. :laugh:
Oh I am sure I will catch a few minutes here and there.

Anyway, in a few weeks I will tune in and the NFL Combine will be getting geared up, and what teams will tag what players. Then FA starts mid March. This is where we go. It will still be slow news times off and on.

However with the new coaching staff it will still be interesting of the direction this team takes. With all the FA's as well, and some key players also involved in this. Think by draft time will should have a decent idea of this direction, and the draft will make that direction better.

Also the OTA's will be interesting, even though we may not get a true feel about the team as to the exact schemes. It will provide some insight to some good threads (and hopefully new topics) as the new defense unfolds, and any changes in the offense.

But for now, what happens next? I guess rumors of player movement still, from all teams.
I added an Important Dates thread for the NFL for 2020 ..
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/nfl-important-nfl-dates-for-2020.452386/

snapper

Reaction score

I'm excited about the identity of this team. I can see the Boys going for a speedy play-making WR in the 1st round. I believe MM will create a potent offense --Dak needs more playmakers; he's no Mahomes -- and rely on a tough defense next season.

On to the Combine!

Last edited:

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Sift through way too many Dak related threads, and hopefully find some entertaining non-QB related Draft/FA conversations.

blueblood70

Reaction score
it was now what after the Philly game.... where you been..new staff etc ..the playoffs had zero holdup on our plans lol we knew our draft spot and our FA situation etc December 31st..weve been discussing al the now whats..

Pulp fiction keeps popping in my head "Il tell you now what" lol Im about to go medieval on their azzes..

But next is GI MAVS GO Stars....both have playoff shots..LUKA!!!

willia451

Reaction score
Well. We just turned over our entire coaching staff; minus KM. I'm interested to see if that same dynamic plays itself out among the players.

Just how angry is Jerry after last season's expectations disaster and not even making the playoffs? Who does he blame for that? Obviously he blamed all the coaches. Does he blame the players as well? And if so, who?

We're going to find out.