The Seahawks have had the Eagles number

JustChip

Reaction score
They do have the home field advantage as well as Eagles traveling across country after a late night Sunday game. Hopefully things swing our way and they lose. Won't matter if we don't handle the Bills though.
Actually, the Seahawks beating the Eagles will help even if the Cowboys lose to the Bills. Eagles have the edge for the Division if both teams win out because of Conference record. Seattle being NFC and Buffalo AFC evens the Conference record.

The next tiebreaker is Strength of Victory. I haven’t looked to see how that shapes up, but me thinks if both teams win the last 3 games, It might favor Dallas by virtue of Detroit having a very good record. Although, the Chargers losing tonight doesn’t help.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I don't think Philly gets out of there with a win. Hell, they probably would have beat us if the game were in Seattle.

Proof

Reaction score
They do have the home field advantage as well as Eagles traveling across country after a late night Sunday game. Hopefully things swing our way and they lose. Won't matter if we don't handle the Bills though.
not to speak it into existence, but it would be completely on brand for us if the hawks beat the eagles, but we lose to the bills

silvernblu

Reaction score
Actually, the Seahawks beating the Eagles will help even if the Cowboys lose to the Bills. Eagles have the edge for the Division if both teams win out because of Conference record. Seattle being NFC and Buffalo AFC evens the Conference record.

The next tiebreaker is Strength of Victory. I haven’t looked to see how that shapes up, but me thinks if both teams win the last 3 games, It might favor Dallas by virtue of Detroit having a very good record. Although, the Chargers losing tonight doesn’t help.
Cowboys need to make up a total of 4 games on the strength of victory stat based on current records if they both win out.

These games need to come from Jets, Chargers and Panther wins.

And losses by Minnesota, Tampa and KC.

Doesn’t look good for us.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Let's hope they still have the magic! The Eagles I believe will play hard. They don't want to lose this. If they lost, it would be a three-game skid for them, giving us a chance to leapfrog ahead of them for the NFCE. Go, Seahawks. Go, Cowboys.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dallas can lose to Buffalo and still win the division if Giants beat Philly once. With a tie you just need a better division record

Jstopper

Reaction score
not to speak it into existence, but it would be completely on brand for us if the hawks beat the eagles, but we lose to the bills
Maybe on brand for the old cowboys. The recent cowboys teams are breaking all the generational curses

bigE79

Reaction score
The egals are in a tailspin,and you know Pete Carroll will have the hawks flying especially since their playoff lives depends on it,and that crowd will be loud...go Hawks

Fmart322

Reaction score
The most recent matchup was November 2020… the oldest was in 2011. You really can’t cull anything from this streak - a reasonable gambler would forget he ever heard any of it.
We have the same streak against the cardinals. I didn't think it made a difference until we lost to them this year.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
We have the same streak against the cardinals. I didn't think it made a difference until we lost to them this year.
Let’s face it Cowboys Nation - the AZ Cardinals just have Dallas’s number. Don’t you just dread THE NEXT meeting with the mighty Cardinals? … Anybody?

JustChip

Reaction score
Cowboys need to make up a total of 4 games on the strength of victory stat based on current records if they both win out.

These games need to come from Jets, Chargers and Panther wins.

And losses by Minnesota, Tampa and KC.

Doesn’t look good for us.
Strength of Victory won’t matter if both teams win out because Philly will get the tiebreaker based on conference games.

Things get so much easier if Seattle can beat Philly, especially if Dallas beats the Bills. But, you’re right if the tiebreakers revert to SoV. Philly will almost assuredly have that tiebreaker.