The secret to beating Dallas' defense

vlad

Reaction score
You are the offense.

Step 1: Line up, look at 99% to your weak side.
Step 2: Send a back out of the backfield in motion to the sidelines as the outside WR, (or shift the strong side TE/HB/WR to the weakside sideline ).
Step 3: What the most predictable thing of all time as the Cowboys game plan has Demarcus Ware chase the motioning man to the sideline, as far away from the ball as possible.
Step 4: Get a manicure in the pocket, read a magazine, then throw it any one of the open receivers whom the DBs are tired of chasing OR just throw it down the seam as James/Williams can't move fast enough to cover

What do you think? We have two players that excel more the closer to the ball they are. And we easily allow offenses to send them 20 yards away before the snap. Come on.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Spot on. We played a lot of man coverage, yesterday. I was surpised they didn't take advantage of it much more than they did. Hasselbeck looked horrible yesterday.

vlad

Reaction score
I was thinking a pedicure might just confuse the D into thinking they had sacked him when really the QB was just laying back.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
vlad;1297921 said:
You are the offense.

Step 1: Line up, look at 99% to your weak side.
Step 2: Send a back out of the backfield in motion to the sidelines as the outside WR, (or shift the strong side TE/HB/WR to the weakside sideline ).
Step 3: What the most predictable thing of all time as the Cowboys game plan has Demarcus Ware chase the motioning man to the sideline, as far away from the ball as possible.
Step 4: Get a manicure in the pocket, read a magazine, then throw it any one of the open receivers whom the DBs are tired of chasing OR just throw it down the seam as James/Williams can't move fast enough to cover

What do you think? We have two players that excel more the closer to the ball they are. And we easily allow offenses to send them 20 yards away before the snap. Come on.

This no longer applies. Zimmer is gone. The only way this still applies is if one of our current defensive position coaches is promoted and becomes a Parcells puppet if Parcells stays. Otherwise, everyone on D should be on notice!

fjones

Reaction score
I'm no football guru... I just enjoy watching but why do we send our ONLY pass rusher out to the sidelines to cover a back out of the back field?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
fjones;1304330 said:
I'm no football guru... I just enjoy watching but why do we send our ONLY pass rusher out to the sidelines to cover a back out of the back field?

As of today that will probably never happen again.

jimmy40

Reaction score
fjones;1304330 said:
Because Bill is trying to make a linebacker out of him, not a pass rusher.:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Reaction score
Beat our defense? Uhhh show up with a playbook from a 3rd and 4th grade football team and put 5A SOUTHLAKE CARROLL'S offense onm the field.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
88 enough said;1304581 said:
Beat our defense? Uhhh show up with a playbook from a 3rd and 4th grade football team and put 5A SOUTHLAKE CARROLL'S offense onm the field.

I'm thinkin' that Iowa's 4A state champ could move the ball on Zimmer's D.;)