The Skins/Colts Game Really Shows How Bad This Defense Is

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are making Colt look absolutely horrible. Sacked him 3 times in the 1st quarter. Barely completing 50 percent for minimal yardage.

Our defense made him look like a hall of famer, not like the spare pro QB he is.

A non existent pass rush will be our downfall. These no names get gassed as the season goes on, like last year.

Other than the fact this is an epic fail, remember this is a week to week league.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
And yet common games is one of the playoff tiebreakers.

Doesn't really determine what will happen on a game to game basis though. Lots of volatility as it pertains to individual game outcomes.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Here is what I know...Colt...in a blowout loss....still managed to go for almost 400 yards and 3 TD. Dallas did not come CLOSE to achieving that in a blowout loss to Philly on Thanksgiving day. Dallas better get some of these young fresh legs on offense involved more. Why on earth is Gavin Escobar on this team? Terrance Williams? He clearly cannot handle physical CBs....so move him around...but do something to get him involved. Right now we are pound away with DeMarco Murray....and throw some jump balls to Dez. We actually have offensive coaches that are cashing hundreds of thousands of dollar paychecks and/or millions....to come up with THAT crap!!!!

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
They are making Colt look absolutely horrible. Sacked him 3 times in the 1st quarter. Barely completing 50 percent for minimal yardage.

Our defense made him look like a hall of famer, not like the spare pro QB he is.

A non existent pass rush will be our downfall. These no names get gassed as the season goes on, like last year.

And you can only imagine what it will be like when we take on the colts!!!!! Probably much like what LUCK did to the skins today!!!! and again we get back to how it hurt to lose to the skins and eagles.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Why do you guys try and look at other games of teams to determine how good or bad this one is? We took care of Russell Wilson and Drew Brees as well. Its just completely different in the NFL. NBA you can do that. In the NFL? there's so much parity and things change from week to week...than you have rival games.....

Because McCoy made our D look like a high school varsity B team. Now we see no he is not that good but we are THAT BAD.

Eddie

Reaction score
Our D is terrible. We've been trying to fix it for 10 years. Then again, that's what happens when we give up multiple picks for a single player ... Mo Clai, DLaw. We tend to come out on the short end of those trades. There's 4 premium players NOT contributing.

Sad, sad, sad.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Our D is terrible. We've been trying to fix it for 10 years. Then again, that's what happens when we give up multiple picks for a single player ... Mo Clai, DLaw. We tend to come out on the short end of those trades. There's 4 premium players NOT contributing.

Sad, sad, sad.

Who's the 4th player- Carr?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Here is what I know...Colt...in a blowout loss....still managed to go for almost 400 yards and 3 TD. Dallas did not come CLOSE to achieving that in a blowout loss to Philly on Thanksgiving day. Dallas better get some of these young fresh legs on offense involved more. Why on earth is Gavin Escobar on this team? Terrance Williams? He clearly cannot handle physical CBs....so move him around...but do something to get him involved. Right now we are pound away with DeMarco Murray....and throw some jump balls to Dez. We actually have offensive coaches that are cashing hundreds of thousands of dollar paychecks and/or millions....to come up with THAT crap!!!!

I have to admit you're making valid points; but they are all made assuming the Commanders offense was better against a bad Colts pass defense than the Cowboys were against a bad Eagles pass defense. (Hope that makes sense...)

It's really impossible to make such comparisons since all teams match up and/or play each other differently week to week.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Because McCoy made our D look like a high school varsity B team. Now we see no he is not that good but we are THAT BAD.

He also made the Colts d look ordinary 350yds and three td's no int's.

Maybe the post should have read Andrew Luck and Colts offense show how putrid Cowboys offense is.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He also made the Colts d look ordinary 350yds and three td's no int's.

Maybe the post should have read Andrew Luck and Colts offense show how putrid Cowboys offense is.

When your team is up like that a D can become very lax. But i have said it before plenty of times if the offense cant maintain the D will suffer. The D need to be strong enough to maintain on its own. A 5 qtr D that can score. And yes I said 5.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
When your team is up like that a D can become very lax. But i have said it before plenty of times if the offense cant maintain the D will suffer. The D need to be strong enough to maintain on its own. A 5 qtr D that can score. And yes I said 5.

How many td's did Romo and co put up on the Commanders? The answer wasn't seven I can assure you. Not sure what the point of this thread was.

lostar2009

Reaction score
How many td's did Romo and co put up on the Commanders? The answer wasn't seven I can assure you. Not sure what the point of this thread was.

Not much, Romo was out of most of the game. The same way he was aganist the Eagles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He played better than us. I recal several plays where he burnt us.

The guy played solid but this thread made to show how terrible and high school varsity our defense is.....it was premature at the time because the game is over now and Colt's stats were far better against the Colts than it was against us. The point was its silly to use other teams games to show how bad or good we are. Its silly. Drew Brees was terrible against us and looked far better yesterday against the Steelers.

lostar2009

Reaction score
The guy played solid but this thread made to show how terrible and high school varsity our defense is.....it was premature at the time because the game is over now and Colt's stats were far better against the Colts than it was against us. The point was its silly to use other teams games to show how bad or good we are. Its silly. Drew Brees was terrible against us and looked far better yesterday against the Steelers.

The Steelers are trash.