The skins kick return

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Muhast;2424709 said:
Seriously? You think that was a good football play? If he made ANY contact at all, that play doesn't happen.

I'm not saying it was a good play, but you single out Jenkins 1st when he was the 3rd guy down there, when the 1st guys down there are supposed to take on and split the blockers for the other guys, and who didn't

did you see how much space Rock had between his blocker, Jenkins and the sideline? I'm just explaining what could have been his mindset, that looks more realistic than Jenkins playing the coward again

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Doesn't it seem like Rock Cartwright hurts us pretty often? Even when we had decent specials teams the last few years, he just eats us for lunch at least once a game it seems like.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I haven't been on the board much today, so maybe it already has been mentioned and discussed ad nauseum, but how in the world did the refs miss the spot of the ball after the return BY 5 YARDS!

And how in the world did the replay booth not review it when they saw the spot of the ball 5 yards in front of where Cartwright stepped out of bounds?

I couldn't tell how far Suisham's field goal went past the crossbar, but the kick he made was 41 yards, and we know he came up short on a 46-yard kick. The incredibly bad spotting of the ball after the kickoff return MIGHT have given the Skins three points.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2424801 said:
I haven't been on the board much today, so maybe it already has been mentioned and discussed ad nauseum, but how in the world did the refs miss the spot of the ball after the return BY 5 YARDS!

And how in the world did the replay booth not review it when they saw the spot of the ball 5 yards in front of where Cartwright stepped out of bounds?

I couldn't tell how far Suisham's field goal went past the crossbar, but the kick he made was 41 yards, and we know he came up short on a 46-yard kick. The incredibly bad spotting of the ball after the kickoff return MIGHT have given the Skins three points.

Yea if you watch that highlight he's definitely out at the 43 yard line. Not the 37.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Ok, normally, I would say too much about that play with Jenkins, but I see a pattern forming here. It's one thing to be a guy that doesn't like to tackle and doesn't do if very well and being a guy that is clearly AVOIDING contact. I see a player on that video that is back peddling out of the running lane to avoid contact with the runner. Add that to the fact that he really didn't go all out to try and catch him from behind either. So far I'm not a fan of Jenkins at all.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Justin Rogers was the only guy who hit the freakin' wedge, so I wouldn't call him out...the wedge had 4-5 guys, he hit it hard and was knocked on his ***. You need more than 1 guy to stop the wedge...we weren't where we were supposed to be, and if you noticed that was the last time we ran the jail break kickoff from the bunch...the next two kickoffs we were lined up across the field rather than bunched up in a huddle.

2. Jenkins looked like a wus to me, but I'm also assuming he had outside contain and didn't want to let the runner bounce it outside of him...still, it looked really really weak as he was backpedalling away.

I think there was another 1-2 guys who just didn't get out there from that bunch approach to the kickoff.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Jenkins needs some hitting lessons from Killa. he tackled a piece of grass
on a one on one running play also.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
Jenkins literally stopped and started backpedaling before any Commanders was close to touching him. It's like he saw Mike Sellers and had other thoughts about sacrificing his body.