The soft rebuild is in full effect

CoachD

Reaction score
You can throw out the record from last year because it's obvious to the entire fanbase that the Cowboys want a new roster and want to go younger by building their team via the draft. Now they do have their core players like Lamb, Parsons, Prescott, Martin, Diggs, Bland, Lawrence, Ferguson to name a few but they still need a lot of depth and are somewhat desperate at a few positions i.e. o-line/d-line/LB/RB but all of those position will be addressed in a few weeks.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You can throw out the record from last year because it's obvious to the entire fanbase that the Cowboys want a new roster and want to go younger by building their team via the draft. Now they do have their core players like Lamb, Parsons, Prescott, Martin, Diggs, Bland, Lawrence, Ferguson to name a few but they still need a lot of depth and are somewhat desperate at a few positions i.e. o-line/d-line/LB/RB but all of those position will be addressed in a few weeks.
Once the draft is over they will sign several old vets on a 1 year deal.

GM Jethro is infatuated with comp picks.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It's funny that people think the Jones are capable of any sort of strategic rebuild.

They are driven by ego and pettiness. Cooper called them out, they traded him for peanuts. Dak and his agent cleaned their clock, now they are pinning all their problems on Dak's contract.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What if other teams do the same? The Cowboys have seven picks to address positions “in a few weeks”. The 49ers, Packers, and Rams each have 11. In an offseason the Cowboys FO is needing an almost perfect draft they have comparatively few picks. Few teams come up with even one rookie that makes a substantial impact each season. The Cowboys will be looking for multiple rookies to be immediate starters. Just because a team is forced to start a rookie does not mean the guy should be a starter.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What if other teams do the same? The Cowboys have seven picks to address positions “in a few weeks”. The 49ers, Packers, and Rams each have 11. In an offseason the Cowboys FO is needing an almost perfect draft they have comparatively few picks. Few teams come up with even one rookie that makes a substantial impact each season. The Cowboys will be looking for multiple rookies to be immediate starters. Just because a team is forced to start a rookie does not mean the guy should be a starter.

The Fan Boys have bought into this narrative that the Cowboys will just "improve through the draft" as if there are not 31 other teams, many with more draft capital, that are not also trying to add talent in the draft.

I also love the mentality that some have that the Cowboys are the "best drafting team" but then act like last year didn't happen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So that is why they only got two comp picks last year? For this years draft.

rambo2

Reaction score
Every year is a rebuild.

shabazz

Reaction score
As much as I've criticized this FO for its ineptitude, I have to put a pause on that if they are TRULY doing things a different way this off-season. They aren't doubling down on the way they've operated the last few seasons by keeping or resigning players that aren't performing

I now wait to see what they do with Dak, Ceedee and Parsons AND who they hire for HC after this season before coming to full conclusion........I know they will never hire a real GM so that's never part of the grading process.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

and the fanbase will be sucked in as if we're doing something great, I can dig it!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
As much as I've criticized this FO for its ineptitude, I have to put a pause on that if they are TRULY doing things a different way this off-season. They aren't doubling down on the way they've operated the last few seasons by keeping or resigning players that aren't performing

I now wait to see what they do with Dak, Ceedee and Parsons AND who they hire for HC after this season before coming to full conclusion........I know they will never hire a real GM so that's never part of the grading process.
I can agree!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The Fan Boys have bought into this narrative that the Cowboys will just "improve through the draft" as if there are not 31 other teams, many with more draft capital, that are not also trying to add talent in the draft.

I also love the mentality that some have that the Cowboys are the "best drafting team" but then act like last year didn't happen.
Probably the best post of your career!

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Id keep Parsons, Bland, Tyler Smith, Ferg and any other good player that is young and trade the rest.

I absolutely love CeeDee...but if Dak goes...so should Lamb and Diggs.

Get off all the big contracts, pay Parsons and build with healthy books

Chasing6

Reaction score
So that is why they only got two comp picks last year? For this years draft.
Complicated formula, but if you add quality free agents before the draft it can cancel out your free agent losses.

Chasing6

Reaction score
and the fanbase will be sucked in as if we're doing something great, I can dig it!
I think we will at least attempt to trade some of next years picks for some veterans like last year, but that would require some cap space.

rockj7

Reaction score
It's funny that people think the Jones are capable of any sort of strategic rebuild.

They are driven by ego and pettiness. Cooper called them out, they traded him for peanuts. Dak and his agent cleaned their clock, now they are pinning all their problems on Dak's contract.
I've been thinking the same thing. They haven't built a Super Bowl team since the Clinton administration. Why do we think they have a plan now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. They haven't built a Super Bowl team since the Clinton administration. Why do we think they have a plan now.
So you don't think unwanted FA's, the draft and basically traded comp picks will get it done?

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s not a rebuild until they cut or trade Dak. 55 million next year and most likely resign him before TC.