The Song Game (part 2)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Delbert was a bucket list guy for me, and I finally saw him earlier this year
Delbert's great, have seen him several times, even ate enchiladas on Valentine's Day with him......lol. Not quite how it sounds, I was managing a venue in Austin and we had Delbert and Marcia Ball doing the VDay show. I was backstage while Marcia was playing and Delbert asked if the kitchen was still open. I told him it was closed but I was gonna make myself some enchiladas and would be happy to make him some. He said hell yeah, so I whipped up some enchiladas and we sat backstage together, munching, talking and listening to Marcia Ball. Delbert was a very cool dude and that was a very cool moment.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Delbert's great, have seen him several times, even ate enchiladas on Valentine's Day with him......lol. Not quite how it sounds, I was managing a venue in Austin and we had Delbert and Marcia Ball doing the VDay show. I was backstage while Marcia was playing and Delbert asked if the kitchen was still open. I told him it was closed but I was gonna make myself some enchiladas and would be happy to make him some. He said hell yeah, so I whipped up some enchiladas and we sat backstage together, munching, talking and listening to Marcia Ball. Delbert was a very cool dude and that was a very cool moment.
I saw Marcia Ball earlier this year too. I love her music. For years I unfortunately didn't take the time to go see performers I would have liked, partly because I was raising kids and partly that it generally required a little travelling, but the kids are gone, and I'm realizing that if I keep putting things off I will eventually find its too late. I've made several trips to Austin this year, and have another planned next month.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I saw Marcia Ball earlier this year too. I love her music. For years I unfortunately didn't take the time to go see performers I would have liked, partly because I was raising kids and partly that it generally required a little travelling, but the kids are gone, and I'm realizing that if I keep putting things off I will eventually find its too late. I've made several trips to Austin this year, and have another planned next month.
I was fortunate to have lived near and worked in some great venues and had the chance to see and meet a bunch of performers. I used to go to shows all the time, not as much these days and kinda miss it. Great to hear, you're finally making time to go out and see those artists.