The Song Game (part 2)

cowboyec

Reaction score
So I have to tell a story to cowboyec. As you probably figured out, I'm primarily a 60s/70s rock music fan. Appreciated Elvis but did not play him around the house.

When my son was 3 or 4 years old he asked for an Elvis cd. To this day we don't know how he discovered Elvis but for the next few Christmas holidays, he got an Elvis cd. He went to a unique Charter School where kids started presenting in front of the classroom in preschool. In his 2nd grade presentation, he dressed up as Elvis with slicked back hair, a guitar, and even had the "snarl". He got an "A" for his efforts. He now plays guitar and sings. Crazy how music influences one's life.
AMEN.
AWESOME story.
:bow:THANK YOU:bow:

PS...your son has GREAT taste.

pete026

Reaction score
Hey Joe - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Where you goin' with that gun in your hand...

pete026

Reaction score
My Wife - The Who but really almost all John Entwistle. One of the funniest album covers.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i washed my hands in muddy water...Elvis...'70...great cut from Elvis Country.

cowboyec

Reaction score
bridge over troubled water...Elvis...'70...beautiful cover from his excellent thats the way it is album.
love both the studio and live versions...tailor made for his voice.

Bachman05

Reaction score
JULY TALK - GUNS + AMMUNITION , indie band from Canada have a modern day Johnny Cash / June Carter vibe to them IMO , as well as some really songs.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if you love me let me know...Elvis...'77...live recording from Michigan used on his last album Moody Blue...excellent cover version.

Last edited:

pete026

Reaction score
Give It To Me - J Geils Band
Sidenote: Band originally from Boston area. Played at a friend's high school in Springfield before they made it. I saw them at the Springfield Civic Center in early 80s - one of the best concert shows I've ever seen - Peter Wolf was going crazy!

cowboyec

Reaction score
make me know it...Elvis...'60...great opening track from his equally great album Elvis Is Back.