The stars appear to be aligning for Dallas

TWOK11

Reaction score
I’ll start by saying obviously nobody wishes for injuries and this is purely an analytical look at reality.

Jimmy G was quickly ruled out after his ankle injury and the rumor is because his X-ray showed a fracture of his lower tibia, which would mean he’s done for the year.

After what we saw against the Vikings when they played Dallas/Philly, I think the general consensus would be the NFC is a three team race between Dallas/Philly/SF. If Jimmy G is in fact done, no amount of defense will save them from Brock Purdy. And many consider SF not Philly Dallas’ biggest matchup problem in the playoffs.

We’ve always known winning a title involves some meaningful amount of luck, and it seems like the stars may be aligning this year for us.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Uh… if you think so o_O.

49ers or Seahawks will make playoffs. I’d rather play the Seahawks no matter what but there is still a lot of football left to play. That’s not to mention having to get through the Bucs and Eagles. This is nothing and means nothing when it comes to the Cowboys. In addition to that, his injury can be an “alignment” for any team in the NFC.

plasticman

Reaction score
I agree with the first three responses. I saw the game today. They look pretty good. Not to say the Cowboys couldn't beat them, just don't think anybody else remaining on their schedule can.

It looks like the Cowboys will be the Wildcard. They'll have to go in the hard way.

The only consolation, unfortunately, is that the Cowboys have always had ZERO home field advantage anyway. Since they moved into AT&T stadium, their winning percentage at home and at away games is practically even.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Purdy has some decent skill, but getting the 49ers to Playoffs would be huge ask. Don't sleep on the Seahawks.

Dallas is in no better position imho.

If Philly has to play WAS it could be interesting.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
I’ll start by saying obviously nobody wishes for injuries and this is purely an analytical look at reality.

Jimmy G was quickly ruled out after his ankle injury and the rumor is because his X-ray showed a fracture of his lower tibia, which would mean he’s done for the year.

After what we saw against the Vikings when they played Dallas/Philly, I think the general consensus would be the NFC is a three team race between Dallas/Philly/SF. If Jimmy G is in fact done, no amount of defense will save them from Brock Purdy. And many consider SF not Philly Dallas’ biggest matchup problem in the playoffs.

We’ve always known winning a title involves some meaningful amount of luck, and it seems like the stars may be aligning this year for us.
Crazy thing this 3rd string qb has 2 tds passes having a career start against Miami. SF is very talented. Lets hope your right!

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

I see a lot of post like this, and quite often the team falls apart soon after. A bad team can beat a good team at any given week so I don't see anything aligning. The last 5 games are going to be the toughest.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I agree with the first three responses. I saw the game today. They look pretty good. Not to say the Cowboys couldn't beat them, just don't think anybody else remaining on their schedule can.

It looks like the Cowboys will be the Wildcard. They'll have to go in the hard way.

The only consolation, unfortunately, is that the Cowboys have always had ZERO home field advantage anyway. Since they moved into AT&T stadium, their winning percentage at home and at away games is practically even.

I think this team actually does better when it’s the hard way. Oddly enough.

JayFord

Reaction score
I dont even look at it aligning

I just need Dallas to win, they have a history of stars aligning and then taking a big poo on themselves

plasticman

Reaction score
I think this team actually does better when it’s the hard way. Oddly enough.
Teams at the end of the season with nothing to lose are the worse. They still have coaches and players fighting for their careers.

Playing with reckless abandon usually loses a game but any team can also get lucky. The Cowboys also need to defeat that luck. They just can't be better, they have to build a sizable margin of error.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams at the end of the season with nothing to lose are the worse. They still have coaches and players fighting for their careers.

Playing with reckless abandon usually loses a game but any team can also get lucky. The Cowboys also need to defeat that luck. They just can't be better, they have to build a sizable margin of error.
I saw the 2019 Dolphins rush the passer with 11 defenders...more than once.