The Stars next to shine an ugly spotlight on the Cowboys

Flamma

Reaction score
Did you like your 16K connection and 20 websites? Lol

Oh it was trash for sure. But it was only like $9.99 a month. I think a year or two later I got 56k connection. Which is also absolute trash!

Zordon

Reaction score
I don’t see how it could be. In the 90s, the team hustled, even when they were bad. Recent teams lack the hustle.

I don’t think it’s coaching. I think it’s an environment Jerry has let calcify.
It's not just that, Dallas was a "Texan" city back then. It's not a transient city with elements of "Texas" here and there (mostly in Ft Worth).

But I agree with you the last few teams have not been very likeable.

Praxit

Reaction score
..does it count that I was still raving to Depeche Mode? ;)..

Texas2Step41

Reaction score
With everyone moving to the metroplex in drones and the longer the Cows suck, they will keep fading away. I’m 30 and they have been trash my whole adult life. Can’t even go to the playoffs back to back since what 06-07. Joke franchise led by a circus clown on top. He’s James Dolan with 3 rings because of Jimmie Johnson

fivetwos

Reaction score
If the anti Dak people happen to be correct, Jerry is in very large trouble.

If they are correct and Jerry has already taken the plunge, it's going to get VERY bad for that man.

Not money wise, so please no comments on that.

Obviously things mean much more to him than that...like winning on the field...and it annoys him to no end that he cant buy that.

Nor will he admit that him or his kid arent qualified to get it done.

However that's going to really begin to be difficult to sell the way he has lately

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys continue to be the ugly stepchild of DFW.

This makes 3 trips to the Stanley Cup finals, 2 trips to the World Series, 2 trips to the NBA Finals, and 1 trip to the MLS final....

....since the Cowboys won a divisional round playoff game.

Clinton was president, the internet was a rumor, there was no such thing as a smart phone, and Zeke was in diapers.

DANG EROD--- you pulled all our pants down with that one

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This man scored the winning TD in the last conference championship game (and Super Bowl) the Cowboys played.

EhRKoNLWAAM4mJm

the way Emmit looks..maybe that is not tobacco in that stogie?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh it was trash for sure. But it was only like $9.99 a month. I think a year or two later I got 56k connection. Which is also absolute trash!
I can still hear the sound of the dial up........probably because it hasn't finished connecting to the website yet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Cowboys continue to be the ugly stepchild of DFW.

This makes 3 trips to the Stanley Cup finals, 2 trips to the World Series, 2 trips to the NBA Finals, and 1 trip to the MLS final....

....since the Cowboys won a divisional round playoff game.

Clinton was president, the internet was a rumor, there was no such thing as a smart phone, and Zeke was in diapers.
and only two trophies between the three..ever

you realize that Bib has two post exactly like this already.. way to be original and very late with a copycat thread..

Garett's clapping sarcastically at your post right now

how completely unoriginal, at least Bobs was better formatted and professional looking..

epic fail:rolleyes:;)o_O:facepalm:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see how it could be. In the 90s, the team hustled, even when they were bad. Recent teams lack the hustle.

I don’t think it’s coaching. I think it’s an environment Jerry has let calcify.
Culture is huge. I remember Jimmy saying a few years ago how soft this culture was. Jerry has created an “excuse culture” with zero accountability for failure. How? As the owner, he has allowed himself to continue serving as the GM without being held accountable for playoff failure and regular season mediocrity. If there’s no accountability at the top, you don’t have it anywhere.

The owners winning SBs don’t tolerate GMs that don’t win something within 5 years. This owner has hired a GM with a lifetime contract, regardless of results. And for good measure, he’s throw in lifetime contracts for his kids too. What could possibly go wrong with that cultural formula? Lol.