the steelers look like the real deal

silver

Reaction score
to make a case about the steelers, they have a ton of talent, and great coach no championship to show for it. Polamalu is arguably the best safety in football. ward is one of the top 3 recievers in the game. porter is up there as well as hampton as the best at their position. and of course cowher is an all time great hc. all that is missing for them is a championship. They might not be the sexy choice for the nfl, but they appeared poised to sieze the moment.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Yep, been saying it for weeks. They are the real deal and they WILL win the Super Bowl.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
A lot depends on Rothlisberger's arm injury, I believe. He clearly had no zip on his throws after the hit on his right tricep and that is one reason Pittsburgh threw it so little after that play.

But you are right they do look like they could win it all if they have everyone healthy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CaptainAmerica said:
A lot depends on Rothlisberger's arm injury, I believe. He clearly had no zip on his throws after the hit on his right tricep and that is one reason Pittsburgh threw it so little after that play.

A bigger reason was they were running the clock down by running the ball.

ghst187

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

But you are right they do look like they could win it all if they have everyone healthy.

Yeah, Roth wasn't right after that one play. Everyone knew they were going to run run run the ball in the 4th, but I think Pitt may have been hiding Roth a bit. Roth looked bad on most throws in the second half.
Either he was hurt, or he just flat out isn't a second half QB like the stats CBS threw out said.

I think you force Pitt to throw the entire game. Stack the run, if you are able to stop the run, I'm not overly convinced that Roth can beat you for 4 quarters.
Have to say, I think both AFC teams left are a little weak. Denver gets the nod only because they are at home. I think any NFC team left beats Denver on a neutral site without a lot of problems...and that team will probably be Carolina by 20.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Sarge said:
A bigger reason was they were running the clock down by running the ball.

Sure I understand that, but the hit took place earlier than those 4th quarter drives and after the hit he tried a couple of throws that didn't make it to the WR.

That is a legit injury to his tricep. It will be interesting to see how he responds this week.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Sorry, but the Steelers nabbing their 5th Lombardi does not appeal to me.

Go Broncos!

:p:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
So does Denver. Both "upsets". Which is more underrated?

pittsburgh at denver is going to be one entertaining game.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The Steelers are even more conservative than we are, have nothing more than a bus driver as QB, and face it, they beat Manning in the playoffs, that doesn't take much.

Has Manning ever won a big game in his life?

I never want to hear another word about the Colts' "triplets", especially in comparison to our's.

Silverstar

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
The Steelers are even more conservative than we are, have nothing more than a bus driver as QB, and face it, they beat Manning in the playoffs, that doesn't take much.

I never want to hear another word about the Colts' "triplets", especially in comparison to our's.

There is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Aikman, Irvin, Smith...3 SB rings

Manning, Harrison, James....0 SB rings

ghst187

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:

the answer to your first question is emphatically NO, dating all through his college days. While at UT, he lost to an inferior Univ of Florida team, who also happened to be their arch rival. Despite UT's advantage in overall talent, Spurrier outschemed Manning and was inside his head. Manning's inability to beat Florida cost him the Heisman trophy. Peyton's senior year, they might have had an outside chance of claiming a national trophy despite losing to florida if Michigan had lost to Wash St and UT beat Nebraska. Nebraska beats UT by about 200 points in a game that was over as soon as it started. You know his NFL playoff history and NE's ownership of Peyton.

As far as the triplets go...that has always rubbed my skin like sandpaper everytime I heard that comparison vomit. I'd rather hear the Patriot comparison for winning ten SBs than Manning, Edge, and Harrison be compared with Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt. That's why I root against the Colts every year. That, and I can't stand any of the Mannings anyway....chokers.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I was gonna say maybe the Steelers of the 70's with Bradshaw, Harris and Swann as being the closest triplets to ours. Except, you would really have to include Stallworth as well and that would make them quadruplets.

Maybe that's why they won 4 rings and we only got 3.

Hmmmm...

:D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
There is no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

Aikman, Irvin, Smith...3 SB rings

Manning, Harrison, James....0 SB rings

Very, Very well said... uh, posted :bow:

silver

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Yep, been saying it for weeks. They are the real deal and they WILL win the Super Bowl.

you were absolutely correct. i hope you made money on your prediction.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
silver said:
you were absolutely correct. i hope you made money on your prediction.

Nope, I was a turd and didn't bet anything- can you believe that- makes me even sicker. :lmao2: