The Super Bowl could be in danger of becoming like the Pro Bowl

leeblair

Reaction score
The link below gives an interesting look at what NFL players make for playoff and Super Bowl games.
For the highest paid and even intermediate paid players it can mean missing the playoffs just adds to vacation.
While winning a Super Bowl adds to the earning potential for players through endorsements and other means, the playoffs and Super Bowls are in danger of discreetly diminishing their importance to the players.
I think teams should be mandated to base a portion of every player's salaries on post season success- especially the highest paid players.
If not, there may already be players who quietly prefer their team not to make the playoffs.
This is why players already refuse to play in the Pro Bowl each year.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/nfl-playoff-game-earnings-taxes

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The link below gives an interesting look at what NFL players make for playoff and Super Bowl games.
For the highest paid and even intermediate paid players it can mean missing the playoffs just adds to vacation.
While winning a Super Bowl adds to the earning potential for players through endorsements and other means, the playoffs and Super Bowls are in danger of discreetly diminishing their importance to the players.
I think teams should be mandated to base a portion of every player's salaries on post season success- especially the highest paid players.
If not, there may already be players who quietly prefer their team not to make the playoffs.
This is why players already refuse to play in the Pro Bowl each year.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/nfl-playoff-game-earnings-taxes

:facepalm:

Players refuse to play in the Pro Bowl because it's meaningless. Players become legends by winning Super Bowls.

leeblair

Reaction score
This article, and anyone who believes it is in the lead for dumbest of the year so far!!!

Well, since you are all-knowing, I will simply repeat what has been stated by NFL analysts and is obvious:
No player wants to spend his off season rehabbing an injury from a playoff loss.
But, I guess you know more than the players and NFL analysts.

coult44

Reaction score
Well, since you are all-knowing, I will simply repeat what has been stated by NFL analysts and is obvious:
No player wants to spend his off season rehabbing an injury from a playoff loss.

True, but NO player would ever compare the Super Bowl to the Pro Bowl. That’s someone trying to have a hot take for click bait. Every player in the NFL wants to win a super bowl and to say otherwise is DUMB

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Uhhhh Nowhere in that article does it speak about players and analysts refusing to play or even talking about not playing in playoffs due to low pay in playoffs so......

And yes, dumb article to use as proof to that argument.
As far as probowl goes, players don't play that game because it is dumb. Barely consider that a football game

Flamma

Reaction score
I think even most sports fans don't even care about Pro bowl , All star games etc. But Players do like winning championship rings , I'll call BS.

Most fans don't because the players don't. Back in the late 70s early 80s I used to look forward to all star and pro bowl games. But now the money is too high to be risking your career on a bragging rights game.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
More proof that the shear "Entertainment" of it is becoming more important than actually winning. While this OP view and article linked is as dumb as it gets, it has moronically become more popular than it should have. Maybe all the participation trophies handed out to kids over the last 30 years has taken away the drive to be the best at something and just play for the money? SMH.