The Super Bowl fix was in?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The process of rooting or "knitting" new sod to a soil base is not always perfect. I am sure the head field person at that stadium followed all the suggested requirements to cultivate strong root structure for the new sod, but so many variables can affect that process including the quality of the sod from the farm. Grass fields with newer sod are not always the best way to go especially considering the amount of stress put on a field for today's half time shows.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
The process of rooting or "knitting" new sod to a soil base is not always perfect. I am sure the head field person at that stadium followed all the suggested requirements to cultivate strong root structure for the new sod, but so many variables can affect that process including the quality of the sod from the farm. Grass fields with newer sod are not always the best way to go especially considering the amount of stress put on a field for today's half time shows.
What kind of grass do they normally use? It definitely doesn't look like St. Augustine.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What kind of grass do they normally use? It definitely doesn't look like St. Augustine.
From what I understand, the Cardinals have grass trays they roll in and out from the stadium. I believe they actually roll the grass outside for more direct sunlight. Don't know what species they use, probably a hybrid to help combat disease.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
From what I understand, the Cardinals have grass trays they roll in and out from the stadium. I believe they actually roll the grass outside for more direct sunlight. Don't know what species they use, probably a hybrid to help combat disease.
Man, it would cost me 2k to re-sod my front yard. I can't imagine how much that would cost.