The tag and the elephant in the room

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless there is a medical reason for him not to be there, he better have his arse there. Training Camp is not just about drills and practice. There is a lot of instruction that takes place as well. Putting in Offense, packages, lots of stuff that a player can benefit from by just being there. No reason he should not be there if he's on the tag.
Agree with that in principle for the team but players do decide not to sign the tag and sit out. And there is mounting anger toward the tag from the NFLPA. And if Prescott's career was over because of that injury, there would be meetings about the tag.

I think the tag is a clown show. Either a team can afford to sign their player or they can't. I don't like the 5th year option either. Want a 5 year deal with a 1st rounder? Do a 5 year deal.

That 5th year option blew up on the Cowboys and they had to pay Elliott early because of it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL you're gonna need counseling when they sign him. Are you gonna find a new place to troll then? Or are you just going to continue your trolling in the game thread etc? You're a good troll though I get a kick out of you.
He'll hibernate and you wont see him when Dak plays well, and when Dak has a bad game, or even has a good game and the team loses, he'll come out of hibernation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
According to one report, he and his agent wanted tag verbiage out of the contract.

Makes you wonder with all the unhappy QB's wanting their way that he might just get pissed enough to not risk getting injured, especially on that ankle for just 37.7M, yep, I wrote JUST 37.7M. What a world pro sports has become, I am glad I've only got one left and college can give me my fix, if this gets to be too much.

Makes me wonder at what point do they hammer the money so hard that the sports loses it's luster as MLB and the NBA did for me years ago.
When I see Rappers like Jayzee making a 100 million a tour who I couldn’t give a flip about except looking at his hot wife Beyoncé, I have no problem with QB’s making 40-50 million.

We have leading actors making 30-40million a film . And none of these other entertainers place their health on the line in an abbreviated career even if they can stay healthy.

It’s past time we stop looking at these guys as just football players. They are Athletic Entertainers who’s craft is football. And they perform on Prime Time national TV . And the filthy rich owners have no problem paying them.

The Cowboys earned over 800 million in revenue last year . Their payroll is 180 million.

Reaction score
When I see Rappers like Jayzee making a 100 million a tour who I couldn’t give a flip about except looking at his hot wife Beyoncé, I have no problem with QB’s making 40-50 million.

We have leading actors making 30-40million a film . And none of these other entertainers place their health on the line in an abbreviated career even if they can stay healthy.

It’s past time we stop looking at these guys as just football players. They are Athletic Entertainers who’s craft is football. And they perform on Prime Timd national TV . And the filthy rich owners have no problem paying them.

The Cowboys earned over 800 million in revenue last year . Their payroll is 180 million.

For real though, who is Jayzee? You mean Jay-Z?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gilbert Gottfried????
OIP.fuGt34i5jYteXIBc-0lw3gHaLI

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If it were me? I'd have already traded him. I would be well on the way to finding the next Franchise QB.

But that's just me.

On the other hand, if you ain't got no qualms about calling me Father, why you gonna get uptight about calling me Daddy?

I mean, it's your show here, I'm just playing along.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

It’s past time we stop looking at these guys as just football players. They are Athletic Entertainers who’s craft is football. And they perform on Prime Time national TV . And the filthy rich owners have no problem paying them.

Does the actors guild or whatever club rappers are in, have a salary cap? If the answer is no then neither of those examples really apply.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does the actors guild or whatever club rappers are in, have a salary cap? If the answer is no then neither of those examples really apply.
But that’s the intent of example or comparison I was making.

Why do fans take such issue with players salaries but not artist and actors?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But that’s the intent of example or comparison I was making.

Why do fans take such issue with players salaries but not artist and actors?

Because of the Salary Cap. I mean, that's why. Before the Cap people never really cared overly much about what players made. Hell, I wouldn't care now, if not for the cap. I'd say that this is the overwhelming reason most fans care about what who gets paid.

JMO

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is only the cap keeping these salaries where they are now. Some of these owners have exceptionally deep pockets like the CAR owner. He wouldn't think twice about paying a QB 50M+. When Paul Allen was alive, he would have opened the vault to bring players to SEA.

The cap creates the challenge of balance and so far, and he has to prove it for the next couple of years, only that cat in NE has figured it out. But it begins with his QB not scarfing up so much cap space.

He was opposed to the new rules making the QB's the superstars and is not going to play that game. He had cooperation from Brady for years because Brady bought in but finding a guy that understands sacrificing personally to gain as a team and personally as well is not going to be easy.