The Things that Bothered Me

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
1. Definite Offensive Pass INT. on the Jax TD and then a touch call on the Witten TD. (ducking)
2. Ware got held a couple of times that I saw in the first half...nothing. (still ducking and taking cover)
3. How in the world do we have 6 MEN IN THE BOX W/ JAX AT THE 4 YARD LINE. HOW? HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW? BLEDSOE COULD HAVE RUN A DRAW INTO THE ENDZONE ON THAT!

4. stop running the ball on second down after a decent run for crying out loud. it has been the same thing since bp got here...6 yard run, -1 yard run giving 3rd and 5. this will be followed by.
a. sack b. int c. pass completed short d. incomp. e. run

5. We still can't make a FG. Say what you will but missing FG is much bigger than 3 points. He makes that 36 yarder and its a different ball game.

6. When we throw the ball down the field (last TD) we get big plays when all game we were conservative and did nothing at all. Why when the d knew passes were coming did it work?

7. Special teams smecial teams...I dont care if skyler, jamaica, deion, or george bush was returning kicks there was nowhere to go. All i ever saw was Hoyte coming into the screen 2 secs. after the return man was down.

8. joe buck

9. Those Jax corners were beat upside the head all day, but made 2 relatively easy picks and will be considered heroes...saying they were up for the challenge they wanted...:banghead:

10. Mat McBriar outkicking coverage. I like that he punts the ball a mile, but lord if he stayed in bounds on the 62 yarder hes got at least a 20 yard ret. (ok im searching at this point but i liked an even ten)

And my ultimate, least favorite thing about today...VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA. offense and defense

thank you, im going to go drown myself...and take consolation in the fact that im not a bills fan
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I agree 100% with 1, 4 , and 5.

That non-call on Henry when we was thrown down was complete BS, then Witten is called for "pushing off" when there wasn't much contact and the defender was already well behind him. More BS. N-o-n S-e-n-s-e.
4. Everyone knows what is coming on 2nd down. JJ doesn't even have room to run. A play action pass would be perfect.
5. Seriously. Are these the worse kickers ever When you can't even make a 36 yarder? We must be cursed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
not that 36 yarders have ever been missed, but they are a lot more in dallas

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't care that Sushi missed a 36 yard field goal. This is a guy who is not even supposed to be on the team. It is hard to have any confidence in this guy, so I expected him to miss. Can't be too disappointed in something that is likely to happen.

I agree that they need to stop always running the ball on 2nd and short. That is why Parcells is considered ultra conservative. They don't have to go 5 wide empty backfield or anything that extravagent, but it would be nice to mix in a play action pass in those situations.

devotedfan

Reaction score
[4. stop running the ball on second down after a decent run for crying out loud. it has been the same thing since bp got here...6 yard run, -1 yard run giving 3rd and 5. this will be followed by.
a. sack b. int c. pass completed short d. incomp. e. run
We got eight yards on a JJ carry in the fourth quarter. NOTHING screams "pass" like second and two, but NOOOOOOOOOO, we run the ball and lose two, and then don't convert on third down. If we don't pass on 2nd and two, when do we,... third and nine???????????????????????? Very shifty BP.;)

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Things that bothered me: (in no particular order, just how they come to me)

1. Referees - they really seemed to be giving JAX the calls, with exception of the reviews.

2. Anthony Henry - do you think his confidence fell after dropping the INT?

3. Drew Bledsoe - wow, hopefully it won't rain in anymore of our games.

4. Playcalling - they pretty much knew what we were doing each time

5. Defensive Blitz - can we get some pressure, please??

6. False Starts; Holding - we've gotta reduce these mistakes.

7. Killer Instinct - we don't have it, period.

8. Field Goal Kicking - It's the Curse of the "Great Hoffbino".

Now for some things that made me feel good:

1. When it didn't rain, we played well. We jumped out to a 10 pt lead at the start.

2. Mat McBriar - Pro Bowler

3. Terence Newman - except for some huge cushions, he still has it

4. Julius Jones - He had some good runs

5. Terrell Owens - he looked good.

Things to Look for Next Week:

1. A hungry defense, with much better pass coverage

2. A still-horrible looking Bledsoe

3. A win.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i thought henry looked better than newman today, but not by much...i said in another thread i didnt think the secondary played horribly just those wrs are huge

i dont remember henry really getting beat but newman did get turned around in the 4th