The three things I believe this team needs most beyond 2016

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1: A dominant or potentially dominant Defensive End.

2: A young talented CB

3: A young talented WR

2 and 3 are close to me, but I put CB ahead because of the lack of high end talent we have added to the defense recently. But those are the big three to me

2 areas of concern that I personally wouldnt group with those three are LB and SS.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Draft Defense first and often. DEFENSES WIN IN THE SB. The Cowboys also need a WR who can catch the ball without too much drama and who has speed..they need an OT. But mostly the club needs DEFENSE TO WIN WHEN IT COUNTS. SIzzle playing offensive players are optional.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Draft Defense first and often. DEFENSES WIN IN THE SB. The Cowboys also need a WR who can catch the ball without too much drama and who has speed..they need an OT. But mostly the club needs DEFENSE TO WIN WHEN IT COUNTS. SIzzle playing offensive players are optional.
I think you add a legit pass rushing end, our defense looks completely different. We have some quality young peices on the DL with Collins and Lawrence but we need that alpha dog pass rusher. That one player transforms our defense IMO. We do need talent elsewhere like CB and LB, but DE is critical.

Luckily WR seems to be the only area on the offense were we may have a legit need next offseason outsode maybe TE. We could use another OT, but out starters are covered

haleyrules

Reaction score
I think you add a legit pass rushing end, our defense looks completely different. We have some quality young peices on the DL with Collins and Lawrence but we need that alpha dog pass rusher. That one player transforms our defense IMO. We do need talent elsewhere like CB and LB, but DE is critical.

Luckily WR seems to be the only area on the offense were we may have a legit need next offseason outsode maybe TE. We could use another OT, but out starters are covered
Yes. I love bloodthirsty..QB hating passrushers. The Cowboys need one...say Charles Haley or James Harrison type. NOW.. a killer LB and a real ballhawk somewhere in the secondary. OT and a burner at W.O the later two can be FA. Without a killer defense the Cowboys will waste anotber QB career. QB's and WR's don't win SB's...Trench players do. Ole Jerry boy needs to learn this fact and act on it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Give me Melvin Ingram as a FA and open up the draft

I doubt SD keeps them considering they drafted Bosa and how cheap they are

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't understand how people believe Jerry doesn't value pass rushers. Hell he tried year after year to get a 4-3 defensive end drafting one year after year. Hell he traded a 2nd and 3rd to move up and get Lawrence and spent a second on Gregory. Some of you guys are delusional.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Give me Melvin Ingram as a FA and open up the draft

I doubt SD keeps them considering they drafted Bosa and how cheap they are

big risk imo. pass rushers are always over paid, and he's been under whelming so far. he's off to a good start this year, and did break through with 10.5 sacks last year, but he had a total of 6 the previous the years. I do think he's miscast as a 3-4 OLB, but I also think he's a bit undersized (only 6'2 and and doesn't have the explosiveness to make up for it) and will not be worth what ever contract he signs for.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If ever there was going to be a year that Jerry doesn't shoot from the hip - come draft time, this may very well be the year.
The offense looks stout, so far its blasting people on the line and the young RB is as advertised. WR are getting the job done even with Dez sidelined.Soooo, Defense may be in for a infusion of talent. Draft so far looks deep at DE and CB - just what we need. And hopefully the rash of bad publicity/failure over our 2nd round picks will make him listen to the scouts. Especially after this last draft looking like an absolute winner. No need to play wildcatter this year.
DE, CB and maybe a legit OLB (if Smith makes it back during the off-season) - as in, not undersized.
Then trust in our scouting dept. for Depth at TE, Strong Safety, Guard and Swing Tackle. I would pick up a FA WR. Tony in his last year and Dak, ready to step into the void .....
We good !