The Ticket

fweegy

Reaction score
Good Lord, when do these idiots on the morning show get done soiling the airwaves with all thier dribble. I thought WIP was bad, but these 2 clowns are horrible, do they know The Ticket is a sports station and not a bad comedy station???? How do you locals stomach these dudes???

lspain1

Reaction score
fweegy

They are pathetic and everyone knows it. 103.3 is a better station in the Dallas area. Norm Hitzges, who come on the Ticket at 10 central time is a much better sports host and their only real talent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
fweegy said:
Good Lord, when do these idiots on the morning show get done soiling the airwaves with all thier dribble. I thought WIP was bad, but these 2 clowns are horrible, do they know The Ticket is a sports station and not a bad comedy station???? How do you locals stomach these dudes???

They do spend more time talking about non-football issue. I listened to them on my way back to Houston from the Thanksgiving Day game they spent about 30 sec talking about the Cowboys and the rest of the time about some dumb English comedian.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
The Ticket outside of Norm sucks...It sometimes has good Cowboy info but I can't listen to it for more than 15 minutes...It requires you to be either a brainless adult or a pubescence teen...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fweegy said:

Outside of Norm and the PCs that is basically what you will get on the ticket.

Now Dale Hansen talks sports as well but he is normally complaining like an old grumpy man but at least for the most part he talks sports.

If you don't like the lame comedy routines, and unless they have changed, the racial overtones....then I suggest ONLY listening to Norm and the PCs on the ticket.

The only other thing good at times was the ticket tickers that would give some up to the minute 10 blurbs but they are not worth the wait of listening to the other stuff IMO.

EustaceCowboy

Reaction score
I too was baffled for years about the popularity of the "drivel" that constantly exudes from the Ticket. I could not understand why their ratings were higher than say ESPN 103.3. I still can only stand to listen to Norm Hitzges out of all of the goof balls that they have hosting their nonsense. But, I think I have figured out why their ratings are higher than the "pure" sports talk stations in DFW. I believe only a very narrow slice of the listening audience wants to listen to "pure" sports news and talk 24-7. The ticket spends 75% or so of their time discussing farts, rock concerts, food, celebrity nonsense and whatever other debauchery pops into their juvinile little brains. So, their programming apeals to a wider segment of the listening public. Much of our society has rotted to the point where that is the type of stuff that they would rather listen to. IMO the only redeeming value of the Ticket is Norm and the Ticket tickers. Otherwise, their programming is garbage.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Well, I like Bob and Dan too, BaD Radio, They do talk sports also. But, yeah, the Hardline hardly ever talks sports and when they do, they show there lack of knowledge.