The truth about Jaylon Smith's 2019 season

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not hating.. I was disappointed. He's better then that.

At least if he turns into a mediocre linebacker that gives up big plays maybe we can use him as a rush guy and not be totally ripped off by his contract.
I'm not talking about you just generally speaking. He's getting attacked for every little thing he's done. People saying he's the biggest embarassment by this franchise...just a bunch of crap. That's some strong hate.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Oh tay.

But I will also watch some highlights from 2018.

So why in your opinion the reason for the downturn in his play?

Was he hurt?

I think there is some physical limitations. He can't plant and change direction for example. In traffic he's either not willing to go through the physical abuse of taking on a pulling g/c or he doesn't know how. It's possible that we just looked at everything he did last year through rose colored glasses and now we're getting a glimpse of the real thing. Hoping new coaches will help him.

ondaedg

Reaction score
The DT position is the worst part of our defense. We got nothing. We have to add impact guys inside. Smith and LVE are flawed. Neither are the most physical guys. Both take questionable angles to the ball. Gotta have a dude or 2 in the middle. Guys that can occupy and do a better job of protecting your LB’s.

Agreed 1000%. They are not the type of linebackers who will complement the type of DTs in Marinelli's scheme. Neither has any idea or the body type to stack Olinemen and attack the ball carrier. They don't get low and avoid body contact which means they are running away from blockers opening holes for the ball carriers.

Jaylon and LVE don't complement each other actually as they both are similar types of players with similar weaknesses.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Numbers are numbers. Randy Moss never lead the league in receptions.

kumizi

Reaction score
Jose Abreu 123 RBI
Mike Trout 104 RBI

Jose Abreu is clearly better than Mike Trout.

SMH