The truth about the Panthers

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Its funny, if that were the cowboys who played those crappy teams and sitting at 3-0, media would automatically say the cowboys havent played anyone yet. They would actually run that into the ground worse than they are with the McCarthy time clock shenanigans.

I have yet to find a media source say that about Carolina but i can find alot claiming their defense is top notch.

Non of the QB/offenses they have played against are good, not even the saints because Winston couldnt even drive a manual folding kick scooter.

I am also confused on where all of this sam darnold love is coming from. He is easily the guy that will be bought back down to earth against a good team and panther fans will be crying..."see, sam does suck, no wonder the jets didnt want him"

All i see is an overrated football team who has played nobody, and whos fans sound alot like the eagles fans before the blowout.

Imo dallas would have to beat themselves in order to lose to that team. Ive watched all three Panthers games again and i just dont see it.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Carolina is absolutely better than they were last year. They have a stingy defense and low-risk offense, and seem to be generally well coached. They are lacking in top to bottom talent and playmakers, but will do what they can to win within their limitations.

They are not a cupcake team, but are absolutely the sort of team the Cowboys need to beat. I think they finish the year with a winning record and are in the wild-card race toward the end of the year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In his darkest hour I thought Darnold could play. Will he ever be elite: probably not. Is he good enough to win with: probably yes.

Chances are your right but as screwed up as the NY Jets are there is no way of knowing what Darnold is or can become. Right now I don't see any QB having success in NY

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard one guy on ESPN or NFLN, one of them. Say the Panthers will be a good test for the Cowboys. WTH. Maybe it should be the other way around.
But I just laughed, it did not even make me upset.
Because it is early in the year. Panthers, though 3-3, us 2-1, and looking at each of the teams we played. I will not take any game for granted. This could end up being a tough game after all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Chances are your right but as screwed up as the NY Jets are there is no way of knowing what Darnold is or can become. Right now I don't see any QB having success in NY
well the way Teddys playing, ill have to question Carolinas coaching staff not being able to coach him up and let him go..it works both ways..

the musical chairs of qbs is nearly laughable when they look bad one place and better the next yet staff in the current players team are being lauded..really then why couldn't Bruce coach up Winston he needed brady but Jameis while still flawed is better with Peyton, TB is better with denver, so far Darnold is better with carolina..

IMO over 17 most of them will be closer to who we thought they were..law of averages say let this play out and truth will bubble to the surface.

dennis-green-theyare-whoe-we-thought-they-were.gif

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Carolina is absolutely better than they were last year. They have a stingy defense and low-risk offense, and seem to be generally well coached. They are lacking in top to bottom talent and playmakers, but will do what they can to win within their limitations.

They are not a cupcake team, but are absolutely the sort of team the Cowboys need to beat. I think they finish the year with a winning record and are in the wild-card race toward the end of the year.

Stingy defense? Jets Wilson put up 14 points against them and that was the most points for Wilson through 3 games. Wilson was shut out last week. Panthers beat up on Mills in his first game ever. I think that game was 7-6 at halftime.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
if they were at full strength, I think it could be closer than people think. the game against the saints impressed me because it showed a well coached, disciplined team that made you work for everything.

we are better team top to bottom IMO. however, its week 4 & now is when teams start figuring you out so they may test "weaknesses" more than previous opponents. we better be ready to adapt.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The caliber of opponents Dallas & Carolina have played is very different. In addition, the Panthers are coming into this game w/some serious injury concerns. They will be without star RB McCaffrey & they also lost a key defensive weapon in Jaycee Horn this past week. Dallas will hand them their first loss as Dak shreds their D & puts on another out of the park show!

glimmerman

Reaction score
The egirls are no match but it’s a division game so you never know. The other 2 teams we played was a making a FG away from being 1-2 or 3-0. I am pumped and excited but not getting ahead of myself. Their qb is not a runner so maybe we get some pressure. Our Offense has to pick up where they left off. Crush this team.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I will remind everyone, the last time we played Sam Darnold he beat us which a much worse team around him. I think this could be a good game. I do not think they are a legit playoff team, they have had a weak schedule to this point but they can only beat those on their schedule so they have done what they needed to do. We are a better team and I think we win this game but don't sleep on this Panther's team. I think they hang around until late 3rd quarter before we pull away.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think this exact same thread has been started about a half dozen times already in the last two days.

Cut-paste-pass on to next person to re-post.
:muttley:

Let's just see how the game goes.

Yes, we Cowboy fans like our chances.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Its funny, if that were the cowboys who played those crappy teams and sitting at 3-0, media would automatically say the cowboys havent played anyone yet. They would actually run that into the ground worse than they are with the McCarthy time clock shenanigans.

I have yet to find a media source say that about Carolina but i can find alot claiming their defense is top notch.

Non of the QB/offenses they have played against are good, not even the saints because Winston couldnt even drive a manual folding kick scooter.

I am also confused on where all of this sam darnold love is coming from. He is easily the guy that will be bought back down to earth against a good team and panther fans will be crying..."see, sam does suck, no wonder the jets didnt want him"

All i see is an overrated football team who has played nobody, and whos fans sound alot like the eagles fans before the blowout.

Imo dallas would have to beat themselves in order to lose to that team. Ive watched all three Panthers games again and i just dont see it.

Being in Charlotte, that's all that's being said about the Panthers - "They've played a soft schedule" or "Who have they really played?". You have to actually watch them to see that those #1 defensive stats are real. Not only have they beat "inferior" teams, they beat them down. They have the potential to confuse our OL and make them look silly. Especially when you have the center and left guard that we do. Not to mention an undrafted free agent playing RT. They get free rushers to the QB at will. Sam Darnold is getting love because he's playing the best that he has in his career. The sayings that I've been seeing is "It was the Jets, not Sam Darnold.". I'm hoping we "bring him back down to earth.". Do you remember when Sam Darnold bust our buts in NY a few seasons ago coming off mono? If I'm not mistaken, the Panthers are ranked below us in the NFL.com power rankings so they can't be over rated. (if not, they are ranked one spot ahead of us). Their defense is playing lights out and they're well coached. Who would you take head up? Rhule or Fat Mike? I thought so. I have no idea what you missed when you say that you've watched all three of their games and don't see it. If you have watched all three of their games, then you know that our OL is at a major disadvantage and that's going to be a problem. It's going to be way tougher than you think. Go Cowboys!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will remind everyone, the last time we played Sam Darnold he beat us which a much worse team around him. I think this could be a good game. I do not think they are a legit playoff team, they have had a weak schedule to this point but they can only beat those on their schedule so they have done what they needed to do. We are a better team and I think we win this game but don't sleep on this Panther's team. I think they hang around until late 3rd quarter before we pull away.
And he was just recovering from Mono to boot!!