The "Ty" factor

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that we always tend to draft a lineman with "Ty" in the name?

Tyron Smith
Tyler Smith
Tyler Guyton
Tyler Biadiaz

I think there have been more over the years but...are we that superstitious and stupid? I know Jerry is...

The crazy thing is that all of them have actually been good. And yes, I know we drafted a few other linemen without the "Ty", but for most of our top guys seem this seems to be true. I hope to goodness this is coincidence and not some stupid superstition.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that we always tend to draft a lineman with "Ty" in the name?

Tyron Smith
Tyler Smith
Tyler Guyton
Tyler Biadiaz

I think there have been more over the years but...are we that superstitious and stupid? I know Jerry is...

The crazy thing is that all of them have actually been good. And yes, I know we drafted a few other linemen without the "Ty", but for most of our top guys seem this seems to be true. I hope to goodness this is coincidence and not some stupid superstition.
I never thought about that? Hmmm, very interesting.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I never thought about that? Hmmm, very interesting.
Humans are pattern-seeking mammals so I get that we'll find a pattern in ANYTHING (e.g. stars, mountains, rivers, skin color, etc.) BUT...I had noticed this trend before the draft and I thought if they do this again, this is deliberate...and they did it again! Who knows...could be a coincidence...but I'm just wondering if the Jones' are that stupid to believe it's a good luck charm or something.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score

Tyron Smith
Tyler Smith
Tyler Guyton
Tyler Biadiaz

Don't forget Tyler Bass....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyler Smith and Tyler Guyton both played college football in the state of Oklahoma. One at Oklahoma and the other at Tusla.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Tyron Smith
Tyler Smith
Tyler Guyton
Tyler Biadiaz

I didn't think much about it honestly, but it is funny. Now if they started drafting players named Dallas I would start asking questions...