The underappreciated NFC title game

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i would kill to see the 1995 game vs the packers again. i remember that being SUCH an exciting, back and forth game, but it hardly ever gets talked about, and i hardly ever even see highlights from it.

the 1992 title game was amazing, for many many reasons... but it's overdone at this point. (at least to me)

i wish they would give 1995 some more love!

heck, i'd even like to see the 1993 blowout of the niners again, just b/c it would be different from constantly seeing 1992.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Yeah, other than that Vela article about how the Packers used the 2 TE set on that game I haven't even seen it mentioned in years.

goshan

Reaction score
Game wasn't near as good as the 1992 game. That is why nobody talks about it.

DBoys

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i would kill to see the 1995 game vs the packers again. i remember that being SUCH an exciting, back and forth game, but it hardly ever gets talked about, and i hardly ever even see highlights from it.

the 1992 title game was amazing, for many many reasons... but it's overdone at this point. (at least to me)

heck, i'd even like to see the 1993 blowout of the niners again, just b/c it would be different from constantly seeing 1992.

Here you go:

http://files.filefront.com/95_NFC_Championship_Dallas_vs_GBavi/;5196549;;/fileinfo.html

Bunch of videos including the 92 and 93 Championship game:

http://hosted.filefront.com/DBoys

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
goshan said:
Game wasn't near as good as the 1992 game. That is why nobody talks about it.

i disagree.

i think it was just as exciting. i think it gets forgotten about b/c it was our 4th straight one.

DBoys

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
nice find....i'll check that out when i'm not at work!

I just finished uploading the Championship games today.

DBoys

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:

That game meant a lot to me because I was on the 50 yard line and it was my first live Cowboy game.

cowboys1

Reaction score
hey philly cowboys lover,

could you send the cowboys-niners 94 game, i know they lost but i was at the game and being a guy that bleeds dallas blue i still just have night mares of that game. I use to have it but ended up throwing it out when i got mad one day. I still think about how even though down 21-0, we still could of won if not for the no call on deion against irvin and the bomb to rice at the end of the first half. what we could have accomplished if we win that game would have been remarkable in any sport. Anyway if you could that would be great.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
cowboys1 said:
hey philly cowboys lover,

could you send the cowboys-niners 94 game, i know they lost but i was at the game and being a guy that bleeds dallas blue i still just have night mares of that game. I use to have it but ended up throwing it out when i got mad one day. I still think about how even though down 21-0, we still could of won if not for the no call on deion against irvin and the bomb to rice at the end of the first half. what we could have accomplished if we win that game would have been remarkable in any sport. Anyway if you could that would be great.

i appreciate the offer, but i don't need to watch that one again!

:banghead:

Manster68

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:

What makes 1995 so special is that desite losing 31 players the previous three offseasons, along with Jimmy Johnson, they still proved to be head and shoulders above everyone else.

IndianaCowboyFan

The Bullet
Reaction score
Actually the nfc title games were the real superbowls. The afc title game winners never would have made it to the superbowl if the played in the nfc.

On a side note thanks to Hostile for my avitar. Autographed too.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan said:
Actually the nfc title games were the real superbowls. The afc title game winners never would have made it to the superbowl if the played in the nfc.

Truer words have been spoken in a long time! My how the NFL has changed! :starspin

Reaction score
DBoys is Da Man~!!!!!! that just made my day. DSL may be a little pricey, but man-o-man, it's times like this that I don't mind! :)

Kilyin

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is the sound in the '93 SF game not synchronized with the video? Seems like the video is lagging behind the audio, resulting in plays being called before they actually happen. It seems to skip around alot too.