The underappreciated NFC title game

DBoys

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Is it just me, or is the sound in the '93 SF game not synchronized with the video? Seems like the video is lagging behind the audio, resulting in plays being called before they actually happen. It seems to skip around alot too.

The skipping is from editing commercials out and problems with the picture. The rip is only as good as the source and in this case it is from a vhs tape. Yes the audio is a little ahead at the 3 quarter mark. It took a few hours just to edit the commercials out of the game. I deleted the edited source after I converted it and realized the audio was off. I wasn't about to go through the commercial editing process again.

If I ever get time I may redo it but I didn't think it was that bad. How about you guys?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i would kill to see the 1995 game vs the packers again. i remember that being SUCH an exciting, back and forth game, but it hardly ever gets talked about, and i hardly ever even see highlights from it.

the 1992 title game was amazing, for many many reasons... but it's overdone at this point. (at least to me)

i wish they would give 1995 some more love!

heck, i'd even like to see the 1993 blowout of the niners again, just b/c it would be different from constantly seeing 1992.

Yes I agree. That is why sometimes I post it in here as one of "my favorite games"... it was back and forth and I always felt like we would win... but I was still concerned that Favre might get that(cowboys) monkey off his back... glad he didnt... how boring would that have been Packers-Steelers ughh!! LOL

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
goshan said:
Game wasn't near as good as the 1992 game. That is why nobody talks about it.

Well being that you are stating your opinion as fact... I will say that IMO it was just as good if not better in some ways...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The 1995 game is downplayed because face it, we only beat the Packers. We owned them in the early 1990s.

Funny though, back then just as now, all you had to do was wait for Favour to make a mistake and you won. He was and still is an interception machine.

DBoys

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Sweet, just converted the 1993 title game onto a DVD for future viewing pleasure

Mad props DBoys

NP man glad you got it. That game was great.

mephisto890

Reaction score
While we are on the subject.....of NFC Title Games.

Does anyone know where to pick up the 94 NFC Champ game?
This is the game where we spotted 49ers 21 points within the first 3 minutes of the game.

Personally...I have not seen any past videos of the game....too painful.
But I have heard that Aikmen played his best game in that effort, but
came up short on the result.

Thanks.

mkelly71

Reaction score
anyone got the game that emmitt went off against the giants with the seperated shoulder i forget which year it was.

BigDDynasty

Reaction score
i downloaded the 95 NFC Championship game, but i had no picture just sound. it also said somethin about the codec?

DBoys

Reaction score
BigDDynasty said:
i downloaded the 95 NFC Championship game, but i had no picture just sound. it also said somethin about the codec?

you need xvid codec

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
mephisto890 said:
While we are on the subject.....of NFC Title Games.

Does anyone know where to pick up the 94 NFC Champ game?
This is the game where we spotted 49ers 21 points within the first 3 minutes of the game.

Personally...I have not seen any past videos of the game....too painful.
But I have heard that Aikmen played his best game in that effort, but
came up short on the result.

Thanks.

Yeah we just ran out of time, we came on strong and they did just enough to keep it out of reach... I think it was almost 10mins or so that we spotted the whole 21 points... more or less.... I still say that Jimmy would have got the team under control and we only give up 7 or maybe 10 NOT 21... JMO though

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
I agree with the posters thoughts on the 95 NFC championship game. The game was alot of fun and felt like it was much more exciting than the first 49er game.

Looking back now, that championship game was so much better than the Superbowl against the Steelers. The actual Steelers game wasnt very exciting to watch.

Des71

Reaction score
Thank you DBoys. I vividly remember watching this game in the bar of a mexican restaurant in my town. Suprisingly I was the only person there and I calmed my nerves by chomping on plate after plate of hot tortilla chips and salsa. Great memories of a great team.