The vultures are grasping impatiently, but all remains quiet

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Again, I get it, but based on what? Nothing illegal, nothing against NFL policy, nothing but playboy-like behavior. That's not enough.
It may not be. But I wouldn't be surprised if he still recieved one and I'd partially blame the " rock star" culture Jerry is nursing and practically promoting here.

It could be enough in this growing concern in the NFL of personal conduct with one of its newest biggest stars.

For Goodell it's a judgement call. If Cowboy fans see it as alarming imagine what the rest of the league thinks.

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He gave a percentage. I wanna know how he knows only 1% visits forums and 2% only follow Xs and Os.
I think it's pretty obvious it was arbitrary, yet still completely correct.

You're being hard-headed. Whatevs.

OUCowboy

CirrusBLow
Reaction score
Out of all of this here is my biggest issue:

I have several places I go to to scratch my football itch.

I go to YouTube to check my Recommended list. Normally I can find several different perspectives on various things going on. However, if it has anything to do with off-the-field drama, I honestly could care less. I'm a football fan; not a drama fan. If the NFL is going to suspend players there is absolutely nothing I can do about it and no way I can go without hearing about, so no need to waste valuable time where I could be digesting various data pertinent to actual football. Right now, YouTube is wall to wall with Elliot, Lucky, Wilson and Jaylon. That is it.

I go to my Dallas Cowboys app where I can get direct access to various news videos and shows. The first several videos are all on Lucky Whitehead being cut. Just how many perspectives on this guy who wasn't likely to make the final 53 anyway do I really honestly need? Does anyone here need more than 1. The extent of that story could have been summed up in three words and no further explanation would have been required: Lucky was cut. Good to know, moving on.

I go to ESPN Dallas specific blog. Every article? About Lucky, Zeke, or Jaylon. The Jaylon news is somewhat forgivable because he will be a big part of the Cowboys defense success if healthy enough. But how many of these articles rehashing the same crap do we really need?

But for me, enemy #1 are the press conferences. It is clear the reporters sent to cover camp are far more concerned with off-the-field drama than they are actual football related news. And as a football fan, (I'm weird, I know) I really am a heck of a lot more interested in actual football related news. Its a crazy concept that I'm sure distinguishes me from the rest of you, that much is clear. Otherwise, the reporters in camp would actually report on news pertaining to football.

Trust me, you are not alone in how you feel. I care absolutely nothing about the drama, other than how it may affect the players on the field. I like to watch football and when I can't do that, I enjoy listening Brad Sham call the games on the radio or the app. All of the hoopla and pageantry? Not for me. I just like the games.

erod

Reaction score
He gave a percentage. I wanna know how he knows only 1% visits forums and 2% only follow Xs and Os.

About 250 of us post here on a regular basis. Probably about the same at the other site. Let's say 10 times that post on the few other sites around the web. That's about 5,000 of us.

What % is 5,000 of the entire Cowboys fan base? Probably about 0.000000000000001%.

Now, the vast majority of Cowboys fans don't know who Kyle Wilber or even Byron Jones is. Overwhelming majority. Do you really think they can carry on a decent conversation of what a 11 or 12 package is? Even most who know Wilber and Jones can't have that conversation either.

C'mon, man.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
All I know is that reporters like Clayton and Schefter were claiming that a suspension would be levied 2 weeks ago.

I don't blame the NFL, I blame the reporters who continually get these things wrong and have zero accountability for them getting it wrong.

YR

diefree666

Reaction score
Now, if we can just settle in to camp, do the football stuff, shut our pieholes, adopt Garrett-speak, and chill out.....maybe, just maybe, we can get to that Giants game in relatively good shape.

Nobody is more irked than me about all of this hullaballoo. Nobody is more irritated with Zeke and his drama-a-minute lifestyle and chicanery than me. Nobody squirms through the off-field idiocy and the tunnel-visioned CNN-like coverage of it than yours truly.

But as long as that's it, no more foolishness going forward, then what is the league really going to do to him? Goodell is painted into a corner with Mara screaming in his ear, but aside from perhaps a stern lecture and a warning, what can he do? I'm not buying this accepted media narrative that 1-2 games is "expected"

I heard David Moore saying yesterday that they have to give Zeke some kind of suspension after spending all that time on this. Huh? That's the barometer now, "spending a lot of time"? No, David, there has to be something concrete that breaks league rules to justify a suspension, and right now, there's nothing really in that category so far except for possibly the recent nightclub incident.

Unless, Zeke is in the league substance program and we just don't know about it, I'm struggling to find a suspension-worthy action right now if the domestic thing has been dropped as we've heard. And again, I'm really getting tired of his silliness and antics, too. I almost wish they would to make a point to him, but I can't the justification they could use.

Likewise, the Jourdan Lewis thing looks like nothing. Carroll shouldn't even be here, so who cares? Irving was predictable given his past, and that light will burn out fast. Lucky sucked anyway and was going to be cut. Wilson doesn't have a history like this, so that should blow over. Gregory's career is long over and not worth discussion.

All in all, if everybody will just nip it right now, the Cowboys are OK. Let the media and Twitter have its fun and paint whatever image in their minds that makes them feel better.

If Cooper can play guard, Switzer can return punts, Tapper is healthy, Lawrence can return to form, Jaylon Smith can contribute, and Charlton and the young guys in the secondary can find their way, then this thing looks like it'll be salty enough to do what it was going to do anyway.

This damn franchise just never makes it easy for itself. But so far, this thing isn't over the edge, as much as Mara's minions and the Cowboy-hating media is trying to make it so.

to be in the substance abuse program you either have to have failed a drug test or have been convicted of a drug related offense.
Just TALKING about it is not enough.
I think if Zeke had failed a drug test it would have gotten out sometime.

erod

Reaction score
to be in the substance abuse program you either have to have failed a drug test or have been convicted of a drug related offense.
Just TALKING about it is not enough.
I think if Zeke had failed a drug test it would have gotten out sometime.

Nope. We, and the media, don't know about a failed drug test until the 4th strike. The first three are private.

diefree666

Reaction score
Nope. We, and the media, don't know about a failed drug test until the 4th strike. The first three are private.

So somehow Zeke would have failed a couple of drug tests and not even RUMORS would have gotten out?

diefree666

Reaction score
Happens all the time. Happens every time pretty much, in fact.
I notice rumors get out about someone failing drug tests all the time as well. And with someone as famous as Zeke I think it would get out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I notice rumors get out about someone failing drug tests all the time as well. And with someone as famous as Zeke I think it would get out.
We usually don't hear about it until their 4th failed one within a certain time period which would call for a suspension if that's their first time failing .

I'm not sure but seems like if you've already failed like Gregory your not allowed 4 failings before being punished again.

Most fans don't even realize these guys are allowed all of these chances before action is taken the first time . I'm not sure we've ever heard of a player failing drug test until they fail the 4th one ?