The Walking Dead - Season 10, Conclusion

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought it was a good episode.

They haven't had a super-strong episode where they have closed out a arc in quite a while, but this was a decent one.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

They haven't had a super-strong episode where they have closed out a arc in quite a while, but this was a decent one.
it was closure. that was about it for me. not sure what i would have been expecting but now we have storm troopers.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It should have been a 90 minute episode... The final Whisper fight went by much too quickly.

But the ending was good and we've been thrust into the last arc of the show.
yea, i was glad to see it over. as you say, it was good overall. it was simply more difficult to pick back up where the last episode left off. all told, yea. another 30 min would helped it seem less rushed.

negan seems to be growing much wiser. it's strange to see him like this but i imagine every once in awhile we'll see him go back "home" when needed. i still can't fault him much for the club to the heads of the people who killed his people first.

now - STORYLINE - DON'T READ IF GOING TO WATCH IT...

how exactly did maggie get back into this? i had serious foot pain over the weekend and on meds but it seems she opened up an old buried box and read a note and decided to come back home. seemed odd there wasn't a reunion of some sorts at the end.

***found it online. ninja boy is with her. old note left behind but why was maggie there to dif up the note? i'll keep reading adn watch it again.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yea, i was glad to see it over. as you say, it was good overall. it was simply more difficult to pick back up where the last episode left off. all told, yea. another 30 min would helped it seem less rushed.

negan seems to be growing much wiser. it's strange to see him like this but i imagine every once in awhile we'll see him go back "home" when needed. i still can't fault him much for the club to the heads of the people who killed his people first.

now - STORYLINE - DON'T READ IF GOING TO WATCH IT...

how exactly did maggie get back into this? i had serious foot pain over the weekend and on meds but it seems she opened up an old buried box and read a note and decided to come back home. seemed odd there wasn't a reunion of some sorts at the end.

***found it online. ninja boy is with her. old note left behind but why was maggie there to dif up the note? i'll keep reading adn watch it again.

There had been communication between Maggie and Hillside since Maggie left... Really just leaving off a note somewhere for Maggie to find it. Maggie received a note about the Whisperers killing Jesus, Enid, Tara and others– And that the communities needed help.

That's why Maggie showed up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they never finished the last season. covid shut them down and they finally got to shoot and produce it to finish the whisperers storyline.

Is this the first new episode or have I missed several?
:huh:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
There had been communication between Maggie and Hillside since Maggie left... Really just leaving off a note somewhere for Maggie to find it. Maggie received a note about the Whisperers killing Jesus, Enid, Tara and others– And that the communities needed help.

That's why Maggie showed up.
makes sense. I watched it again and understood.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree. It was nice seeing the Whisperers get theirs. But I have to say that they wrapped up a lot awfully neatly in a short period of time.

Much like I felt that they did with the Saviors. Months and months of buildup but a one hour, super fast resolution.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. It was nice seeing the Whisperers get theirs. But I have to say that they wrapped up a lot awfully neatly in a short period of time.

Much like I felt that they did with the Saviors. Months and months of buildup but a one hour, super fast resolution.

I think the "good guy/bad guy" dichotomy that comes with the new arc will be a refreshing change...

I mean there's no way to beat this opponent– who really isn't an "enemy" in the sense that we've become use too.

The back & forth is more political than anything... It's not a "We're going to wipe out your community" kind of thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the "good guy/bad guy" dichotomy that comes with the new arc will be a refreshing change...

I mean there's no way to beat this opponent– who really isn't an "enemy" in the sense that we've become use too.

The back & forth is more political than anything... It's not a "We're going to wipe out your community" kind of thing.

It would be a refreshing change, but clearly too little, too late.

They ran around in the woods fighting against the same 'big bad' for too long and now nobody cares.

I wanted to ask you specifically, did you get the feeling that the storyline for Beta was really compressed at the end? I couldn't help but feel that there was something bigger planned for him and they just wrapped it up quick and moved on.

Not that I didn't truly enjoy seeing him get what he deserved, along with all of the Whisperers, but it all felt so rushed. First they couldn't spot them in the horde and then - presto! - they know where each and every one of them are, so much so that they can save the 7-footer (that they couldn't find forever) for last.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be a refreshing change, but clearly too little, too late.

They ran around in the woods fighting against the same 'big bad' for too long and now nobody cares.

I wanted to ask you specifically, did you get the feeling that the storyline for Beta was really compressed at the end? I couldn't help but feel that there was something bigger planned for him and they just wrapped it up quick and moved on.

Not that I didn't truly enjoy seeing him get what he deserved, along with all of the Whisperers, but it all felt so rushed. First they couldn't spot them in the horde and then - presto! - they know where each and every one of them are, so much so that they can save the 7-footer (that they couldn't find forever) for last.

Yeah, I thought it was rushed. Should have been one of their longer episodes.

They haven't had a real strong "vanquish the baddies" episode since the Terminus arc IMO.

But it was OK. I thought the rest of the episode was pretty good.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I agree, quick episode. Only one death that I remember on their side (oceanview). If they could pass notes to Maggie, then looks like they could have visited all this time - carrier pigeons would have made more sense. All they did was save the priest. Who is ninja boy? Too tall to be her kid, he should be younger than Judith. Connie came back from the dead - figured she was alive, but why couldn't Darryl find her?

Did anyone watch World Beyond? More helicopter people.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, quick episode. Only one death that I remember on their side (oceanview). If they could pass notes to Maggie, then looks like they could have visited all this time - carrier pigeons would have made more sense. All they did was save the priest. Who is ninja boy? Too tall to be her kid, he should be younger than Judith. Connie came back from the dead - figured she was alive, but why couldn't Darryl find her?

Did anyone watch World Beyond? More helicopter people.

No, I refuse to get into other shows when they can't even plot the flagship program properly. Instead of fixing their meal ticket, they're trying to expand into thing nobody cares about.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I know people have given up on Fear but....

Did they get new writers? This seasons first episode was all about what happened to Morgan from the cliffhanger. Nothing about the rest of the cast. Possibly their best episode. So far a 9.1 at imdb with 539 votes.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know people have given up on Fear but....

Did they get new writers? This seasons first episode was all about what happened to Morgan from the cliffhanger. Nothing about the rest of the cast. Possibly their best episode. So far a 9.1 at imdb with 539 votes.

I agree.

It was the best "Fear" in a while.