The Walking Dead

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;4277525 said:
One thing I didn't get was that when Shane was demonstrating to Hershel that living people don't walk away from being shot 3 times in the chest, and then Shane shot that walker in the head too and it still continued to walk around.

Then when they were shooting all of the walkers from the barn and whenever they wanted to kill one, they shot them in the head and they all died.

Me being very picky here but that just stood out to me. Excellent midseason finale though!

Boy, I'm too lazy to put the DVD in my player, but I don't remember it going down like that. I remember Shane, saying something to the affect of, "This ends now" and then walking over to that female walker and putting a bullet in her head... she drops and Shane heads for the barn doors to force them open.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ajk23az;4277525 said:
One thing I didn't get was that when Shane was demonstrating to Hershel that living people don't walk away from being shot 3 times in the chest, and then Shane shot that walker in the head too and it still continued to walk around.

Then when they were shooting all of the walkers from the barn and whenever they wanted to kill one, they shot them in the head and they all died.

Me being very picky here but that just stood out to me. Excellent midseason finale though!

He only shot it in the head once, when Rick said, "That's enough." The rest of the time, he was shooting it in the body. At least, that's what I saw. Head shots have consistently been a one-shot, one-kill type of thing on the show, I don't think they'd just randomly lapse.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4277538 said:
Boy, I'm too lazy to put the DVD in my player, but I don't remember it going down like that. I remember Shane, saying something to the affect of, "This ends now" and then walking over to that female walker and putting a bullet in her head... she drops and Shane heads for the barn doors to force them open.

TheCount;4277560 said:
He only shot it in the head once, when Rick said, "That's enough." The rest of the time, he was shooting it in the body. At least, that's what I saw. Head shots have consistently been a one-shot, one-kill type of thing on the show, I don't think they'd just randomly lapse.

At the 24 second mark it sure looks like Shane shoots her in the head.

[youtube]lmEAO70R-jE[/youtube]

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;4277592 said:
At the 24 second mark it sure looks like Shane shoots her in the head.

Magic bullet?

LOL!

The zombie may have recoiled like it was a head shot, but I don't think so.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Nevermind, after I rewatched it a few more times, Shane does shoot her in the chest two times again. My bad!!!

You can notice two very large wounds that appear after the 24 second mark.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I just saw the last episode. It was great. Glenn's character is emerging very nicely. Shane is degenerating into a fine villain. Sophia is finally found and in a most dramatic way. Very well done. It was outstanding.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Love the show. But, one thing that bothers me is their total lack of care when handeling infected blood. Just splashing it everywhere...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;4279669 said:
Love the show. But, one thing that bothers me is their total lack of care when handeling infected blood. Just splashing it everywhere...

Yea ..... I thought about that when darrell stabbed himself with the same bolt he has killed a dozen walkers with.

burmafrd

Reaction score
really should not expect any logic in a show with zombies. Any infection that would do that would burn out very quickly; in a few days at the most. And once the heart stops pumping blood everything starts to die anyway. So realistically if you shot one in the heart they would drop in a few minutes anyway. Not to mention any spine shots.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't feel that Shane was the villian in this particular episode. He seemed like the voice of reason. They had been to the CDC, seen that the Walkers were totally brain dead, heard that there was no cure or any hope of one. Hershel was putting his remaining family members at risk by his stubborn stupidity and unwillingness to listen to what Rick and his group had seen and heard out in the real world.

Honestly, if I had a wife and kid like Rick, I would have started looking for safer accomodations instead of kissing up to Herschel and trapping zombies for storage. Shane can be the villian in another episode, but I think he was far from one this week.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
I don't think Shane is necessarily a villain. He has a severe survival instinct. It is a *** up world, with *** up thoughts. Shane is showing the pure survivalist line of thinking.

Rick is on the other end of the spectrum with a wife (can't stand her drama), child and baby on the way. He has a big picture thing going on.

I like that Rick stepped up to shoot Sophia. Should be a bargaining chip with Herschal. He shot someone he knew. How else can he prove his belief that walkers are NOT the people they used to be.

Looking forward to the second half of the season, but they need to pick up the pace!!!!

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Dale-the-walking-dead-16919135-840-600.jpg

He's got Shane sized up correctly.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
ZeroClub;4282806 said:
Dale-the-walking-dead-16919135-840-600.jpg

He's got Shane sized up correctly.

Anyone see the preview clip at the end of Hell On Wheels? Who was it that walked into the bar at the end?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Leave the farm already. Please. My favorite episode was the finale of Season 1, the exploration in shows like this is exciting.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Just a reminder to everyone the season starts back up this Sunday.

I'm ready for it.