The Way I See It Sunday

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys are on a little bit of a roll here and even with the release of Jaylon Smith I don't think it will interfere with the team chemistry. The offense is very hard to stop and if they don't turn it over they can put up 30 points in a hurry against anyone. Dak is playing really well since the Cowboys have gone with a more balanced attack. Zeke has pretty much shut up all the doubters and Tony Pollard can come in at anytime and break one on ya. There is no way a defense can cover all these receivers because there are just too many weapons even with the injury to Gallup the Cowboys insert Cedrick Wilson and they still dominate. The defense is the biggest surprise, yes they give up plenty of yards but they also get a ton of turnovers and now they're getting sacks as well. Diggs is one of the if not the best corner in the league right now and Parsons is all over the field. My only concern with this team is like it is every week is special teams and clock management, not sure which Greg the leg is going to show up and the two minute drill has been more like a fire drill than anything else. The Giants are going to have to play ball control to beat the Cowboys and getting a couple of calls won't hurt but at the end of the day I like the Cowboys in this one because they're playing too well and with a lot of confidence.

Cowboys 30
Giants 20

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I expect to see this as the biggest workload to this point for Barkley. I think Cowboys really need to show they can control NY running game. If we can do that early on and put up points on offense and get NY playing from behind I think they will fold.

Plankton

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley is a supremely gifted athlete physically. However, he has 13 out of his 35 games in uniform as a pro that he has less than 50 yards rushing. If you look at his number while at Penn State, he had a far larger number of clunker games than you would expect from someone of his "pedigree". Generally, when he isn't hitting home runs, he isn't producing. If the Cowboys tackle well, they will control him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny Dimes will be referred to as Danny Dropsy after this game. Or Danny Droppings. As he will be sacked so many times he will just drop the ball after it is snapped to him to avoid the hit.
Heck he may start just handing the ball off to Micah as he enters the back field.

:lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys are on a little bit of a roll here and even with the release of Jaylon Smith I don't think it will interfere with the team chemistry. The offense is very hard to stop and if they don't turn it over they can put up 30 points in a hurry against anyone. Dak is playing really well since the Cowboys have gone with a more balanced attack. Zeke has pretty much shut up all the doubters and Tony Pollard can come in at anytime and break one on ya. There is no way a defense can cover all these receivers because there are just too many weapons even with the injury to Gallup the Cowboys insert Cedrick Wilson and they still dominate. The defense is the biggest surprise, yes they give up plenty of yards but they also get a ton of turnovers and now they're getting sacks as well. Diggs is one of the if not the best corner in the league right now and Parsons is all over the field. My only concern with this team is like it is every week is special teams and clock management, not sure which Greg the leg is going to show up and the two minute drill has been more like a fire drill than anything else. The Giants are going to have to play ball control to beat the Cowboys and getting a couple of calls won't hurt but at the end of the day I like the Cowboys in this one because they're playing too well and with a lot of confidence.

Cowboys 30
Giants 20
I don't know if I see giants scoring 20. unless its late in the game....my big concern is screen passes to Barkley who is great in space and we have trouble against screen passes. and Jones running for a couple of big gains. we tend to give up a few big plays each game, so I would love to see a total dominance of the opposing team by the defense froms start to finish

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the FOX win Terry's money app. I chose Dallas to win by 10 to 14 points.
This is the 1st time I tried it.

Shane612

Reaction score
It's a home game for the cows. Even so, I think it will be close.
Dallas by 6.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I look at this game about the same as Carolina with a weaker defense.

I'm sure they'll come out strong.

Defense keeps building on the pressure from last week with another suspect oline and QB with recent suspect history.

Giants won't be able to keep up after a while and it will break loose again with a 38-24 ballpark lopsided victory.

We will have our first rough game if a team can figure out how to:
  1. Get to Dak. So far everyone has struggled. Very few sacks, strong oline. And when the pressure has been there, Dak has still played extremely well.
  2. Run on us all game. That will be a shock to our D. They'll get tired, it won't let our offense dominate as much as they have.
  3. Not have the turnovers. If you get rid of the takeaways, our defense probably hasn't kept us in all games. But TOs are part of the game, so can't hold that against them.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
This could be a trap game.
This very well could be - but it shouldn't.
The coaching staff knows it, and they should be on the players about that very fact.

This game, right here, will tell us if we are a different animal this year !
In years past we would crater in a game like this. We should dominate the Giants on Sunday - as we are the better team.
If we do, it will tell the rest of the league there is no mental let downs this year. We are coming for everyone !!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Divisional games are always a bit unpredictable, especially when injuries are factored in. But the Cowboys' offense is far more consistent than what NY is throwing out & there is a significant talent differential. Giants have a 1% chance of winning.

dfense

Reaction score
Saquon Barkley is a supremely gifted athlete physically. However, he has 13 out of his 35 games in uniform as a pro that he has less than 50 yards rushing. If you look at his number while at Penn State, he had a far larger number of clunker games than you would expect from someone of his "pedigree". Generally, when he isn't hitting home runs, he isn't producing. If the Cowboys tackle well, they will control him.
Look at Saquon's stats this year. Abysmal. If he gets 60 yards that's a season High.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whatever the score ends up as, I think we'll be the winner by around 10 points, or so. ;)

I'm inclined to doubt they'd be able to keep up with us. Better teams have failed to, lately.

I wouldn't be surprised, in the least, if our pass defense continues to improve each week.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
I don't know if I see giants scoring 20. unless its late in the game....my big concern is screen passes to Barkley who is great in space and we have trouble against screen passes. and Jones running for a couple of big gains. we tend to give up a few big plays each game, so I would love to see a total dominance of the opposing team by the defense froms start to finish

i anticipate a ton of stuff to saquon and toney in the flat, and the potential for us to get abused there

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
It’ll be a closer game than most people think. The Giants have the most skill talent of any Cowboys opponent so far outside of Tampa Bay. If the turnovers dry up, getting consistent stops will be difficult.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Get a TD on the board early and make the Giants play catch up … get ahead by 2 scores and we start to take away their running game.
I hope we can start dominating the clock more than we did last week, no soft coverage and go after Danny Dimes.
High scoring game, 41-23 to Dallas.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Danny Dimes will be referred to as Danny Dropsy after this game. Or Danny Droppings. As he will be sacked so many times he will just drop the ball after it is snapped to him to avoid the hit.
Heck he may start just handing the ball off to Micah as he enters the back field.

:lmao2:
Such a good nickname, but it’s unfortunate that it’s of a garbage quarterback

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i anticipate a ton of stuff to saquon and toney in the flat, and the potential for us to get abused there
with Neal back, we probably will have him spy on Barkley and the CBs to be looking for swing passes and screens. I expect gregory and osa to have big games and maybe see 4 sacks....although jones is very mobile and can run, so lane containment discipline is key to keep him in the pocket and that's on the DEs, and flush him up the middle