The Witcher on Netflix

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Got creatures? Check Got monsters? Check Got CC? Check

Man, I am about monster movies like my Dad was about pizza, no bad ones.

That one looks good and I read about it and Cavill was into it big time and wanted that role badly. He's played the games and was familiar with it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Got creatures? Check Got monsters? Check Got CC? Check

Man, I am about monster movies like my Dad was about pizza, no bad ones.

That one looks good and I read about it and Cavill was into it big time and wanted that role badly. He's played the games and was familiar with it.
Im just hoping the Sorcereress are as hot as they are in the games

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looked pretty good in that teaser.

After Thrones ended, I am in dire need of some escapism. Stranger Things 3 was a little help but I need more. I just don't care much for the real world.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looked pretty good in that teaser.

After Thrones ended, I am in dire need of some escapism. Stranger Things 3 was a little help but I need more. I just don't care much for the real world.
Im looking forward to the LOTR series as well. Although I dont know when thats coming out

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Sword fight action tv/movies bore me myself. But the scenery in the preview looks trippy.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Have to say Im very intrigued. One of my favorite game series, known for very strong stories.

Looks good,

The show writer Lauren Hissrich states that this series is based off the books and have no relation to the games. Having never read the books, I couldn't tell you what the differences are.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Looks good,

The show writer Lauren Hissrich states that this series is based off the books and have no relation to the games. Having never read the books, I couldn't tell you what the differences are.
Maybe the books are for grownups? :laugh:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So, is the blonde dude part wolf or something?
No, but I believe his superior calls him Wolf, or something. He's not totally human any longer either though.
It's a Polish novel series that became a truly successful video game series.

I am actually interested in this. I'm a Cavill fan and I would love to see some of those novels adapted with the proper Polish political humor that the author brought to the table that was difficult for Western video game developers to adapt.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, but I believe his superior calls him Wolf, or something. He's not totally human any longer either though.
It's a Polish novel series that became a truly successful video game series.

I am actually interested in this. I'm a Cavill fan and I would love to see some of those novels adapted with the proper Polish political humor that the author brought to the table that was difficult for Western video game developers to adapt.
Between the yellow eyes and the wolf head symbol, I thought maybe there was something weird going on there.

Corso

Reaction score
Between the yellow eyes and the wolf head symbol, I thought maybe there was something weird going on there.
Yeah... he's like a trained killer as part of a sect that that's what they do: they're assassins and monster hunters, but they take drugs and stuff that alters them on the DNA level and they are looked at as outcasts as they protect the ones that vilify them.

Interesting stuff.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah... he's like a trained killer as part of a sect that that's what they do: they're assassins and monster hunters, but they take drugs and stuff that alters them on the DNA level and they are looked at as outcasts as they protect the ones that vilify them.

Interesting stuff.
So they're like Vietnam vets?....Is that political?

Corso

Reaction score
So they're like Vietnam vets?....Is that political?
No. I mean the political part.
And kind of, but Witchers take drugs for both temporary and permanent effects.
They take permanent DNA changing drugs as they train and continue to do so and take temp drugs to help with situations.

Will be interesting to see how the directors and writers handle that.
I'm excited to see how they handle that! I've been thinking about the same stuff, but they beat me to it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Loved Witcher 3 and they are great at story telling. Even side quests have some teeth to it; sometimes socially, politically, or warfare, etc. I never watched GOT but they're cool "monster/dragons" he slays to protect regions and villages.
Embarassing to acknowledge, but when shows/movies use that old english accent I tend to get lost or trail off in focus...:(.