The World Cup Thread

kmp77

Reaction score
Anyone have a stream?

Booo Mexico...LOSE LOSE LOSE

kmp77

Reaction score
Dang it!!! My slingbox wont connect. Anyone have a stream?

kmp77

Reaction score
SA almost won it on that try...dang it :bang2:

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
clearly behind the keeper therefore one player between him and the goal. offside by a couple of yards.
uruguay i thought were unlucky with the first booking for the boy ledeiro and they were starting to control the game until the red card. in saying that he couldn't really have complained too much about a straight red for that challenge.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;3430848 said:
How? He was clearly onside.

There have to be 2 defenders between the offensive player and the goal when the ball is played. It does not matter if it is the goalie and one defender or just two defenders. The goalie had come out before the ball was played off the head of one of the Mexican players, therefore there was only one South African defender between the Mexico's Vela and the goal as the ball was played.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Have to say that the France v Uruguay game was pretty poor.

Let's hope that tomorrow nights game is a bit better.

Hoping for an England Win (obviously), but have a feeling it may be a draw. England don't usually start these tournaments well.

Actually come to think of it they don't usually finish them well either. :(

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;3430906 said:
Have to say that the France v Uruguay game was pretty poor.

Let's hope that tomorrow nights game is a bit better.

Hoping for an England Win (obviously), but have a feeling it may be a draw. England don't usually start these tournaments well.

Actually come to think of it they don't usually finish them well either. :(

yeah the France game was a drag, but it was france so what can you expect :laugh2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mexico had about 5 major scoring opportunities in the first half and just whiffed. That was an awful 1 point for them against a team ranked 87th or whatever. They have looked bad for over 2 years away from home but they have a good deal of overall talent.

France probably shouldn't be in the Cup and it showed. They have Ribery and that's about it. They looked simply horrid even with a 1 man advantage. Uruguay had the better chances on the 2 or 3 real counters they had.

Looking forward to the US-UK match. I suspect the US wins but doesn't go as far when all is said and done. Germany is a looming nemesis and style killer. The US team has great top 10 talent but really falls off after the top few players and has really marginal guys on the team. As the tourney moves forward they need to avoid yellow cards and injuries to their 4 or 5 stars.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just hope our mids defend well. Hopefully Onyewu is ready too.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
jterrell;3431102 said:
Looking forward to the US-UK match. I suspect the US wins but doesn't go as far when all is said and done. Germany is a looming nemesis and style killer. The US team has great top 10 talent but really falls off after the top few players and has really marginal guys on the team. As the tourney moves forward they need to avoid yellow cards and injuries to their 4 or 5 stars.

firstly not a fan of the first sentence.
secondly, why do you think you'll beat them? hope you do but you're clear underdogs.
thirdly i'd hardly say you have "great top 10 talent"
i do agree with the last sentence though, oh and if you don't manage to beat england then yes i'd fully expect you to get knocked out in the last 16 by germany.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
daschoo;3431268 said:
firstly not a fan of the first sentence.
secondly, why do you think you'll beat them? hope you do but you're clear underdogs.
thirdly i'd hardly say you have "great top 10 talent"
i do agree with the last sentence though, oh and if you don't manage to beat england then yes i'd fully expect you to get knocked out in the last 16 by germany.
Come on daschoo, everyone knows that the rest of the UK doesn't have any football teams (;)) so climb aboard the England express, you are more than welcome :D

As you say though, I can't see how anyone makes the US favourites. They may well win but they cant be favourites.

If you went through the teams man for man, the only player from the US that might make it into the England team would be Tim Howard.

That said, football is a team game & if England are not as committed as the US, they could be in trouble.

PS Greece are rubbish, 2-0 South Korea now