The worst part of this mess

arync

Reaction score
Is the we the fans seem to care more about the team then half the players do. I don't know about the rest of you everytime we lose it rips my heart out.

Boysboy

Reaction score
arync;2484080 said:
Is the we the fans seem to care more about the team then half the players do. I don't know about the rest of you everytime we lose it rips my heart out.

Like I said on other threads-watching this team in Dec is like watching those "Saw" movies every Oct since '04.

Watching the Cowboys in Dec-different year, different personnel, same hype going in, same ****** results.

Watching "Saw" in Oct-different year, different cast, same hype over it, same ****** movie.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Boysboy;2484086 said:
Like I said on other threads-watching this team in Dec is like watching those "Saw" movies every Oct since '04.

Watching the Cowboys in Dec-different year, different personnel, same hype going in, same ****** results.

Watching "Saw" in Oct-different year, different cast, same hype over it, same ****** movie.

Haha, great analogy.

BTW, the first two saws were fun. The rest...blah.

1fisher

Reaction score
arync;2484080 said:

Isn't that the truth...... I'm sick of it but I can't see myself turning my back on them.

I sure wish I could turn on my TV to watch them play and not have to deal with distractions.

Frustrating......:mad:

hendog

Reaction score
1fisher;2484201 said:
Isn't that the truth...... I'm sick of it but I can't see myself turning my back on them.

I sure wish I could turn on my TV to watch them play and not have to deal with distractions.

Frustrating......:mad:

What he said.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
What's sad is we are playing the biggest game since last year's Giants game. It's basically a playoff game. And all we hear is nonsense.

juck

Reaction score
U r right us fans do care more then most players.At the end of the day they got paid.And they get paid because of us.Us as fans keep supporting it though.Its kinda mindless when u think of it,but it continues and I am guilty.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Suggesting that us fans care more than the players is ludicrous. Asinine. Insane. Whatever you want to call it.

When you're out there busting your butt all year to try and win a Super Bowl, only for this season to unfold the way it has, is tough.

And for us fans who sit on our computers and post on a message board to say that we care more than them? When we have put NOTHING into the season. When we are not a part of the team at all. When we're the ones watching games in our warm houses when they're out there getting injured in 10 degree weather freezing their butts off?

Absolutely ludicrous.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484387 said:
Suggesting that us fans care more than the players is ludicrous. Asinine. Insane. Whatever you want to call it.

When you're out there busting your butt all year to try and win a Super Bowl, only for this season to unfold the way it has, is tough.

And for us fans who sit on our computers and post on a message board to say that we care more than them? When we have put NOTHING into the season. When we are not a part of the team at all. When we're the ones watching games in our warm houses when they're out there getting injured in 10 degree weather freezing their butts off?

Absolutely ludicrous.
:hammer:

But remember, every time we lose, it's never because the other team was better that day. It was that the players don't care, didn't try, or aren't as tough as marble layers and electricians.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2484389 said:

But remember, every time we lose, it's never because the other team was better that day. It was that the players don't care, didn't try, or aren't as tough as marble layers and electricians.

And arm-chair quarterbacks and couch potatos. You forgot them. ;)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2484410 said:
And arm-chair quarterbacks and couch potatos. You forgot them. ;)
I'd never personally question the toughness and heart of a couch potato, but that's just me.

juck

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484387 said:

Absolutely ludicrous.

Winning the SB is a bonus for them.They get paid either way.I wouldnt say getting a sprained ankle and taking big hits is that big of a deal compared to the 10 million they got paid to do it.If someone offered u those figures of money to break a few bones most would be in line.Bodies heal.This isnt the 70s and 60s when players got paid squat and actually cared to win it all and fought their butts off to do it.These player cry with every bump n bruise,they are soft compared to the players back in the day.sorry.Even guys in the 80s and 90s were tougher and cared more.Witten is a classic player that cares.There are a few,but not many.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
jobberone;2484211 said:
What's sad is we are playing the biggest game since last year's Giants game. It's basically a playoff game. And all we hear is nonsense.

According to one report they are actually worrying about football today.

zeromaster

Reaction score
This place has become a zoo, not to mention a haven for gawkers.
LordJohnWhorfin.jpg

Mansta54

Reaction score
arync;2484080 said:

jday

Reaction score
My wife cannot stand to be around me when the Cowboys lose. I dread the end of this season, even if it's in Tampa; 7 months without Cowboys is just too long.

All in favor of football extending their season by, at least, 2 months say "I"!

BTW, I told my wife in response to her complaints about me after a loss, "If I have to put with you during periods and pregnancy, you can put up with me when the Cowboys lose!"

alancdc

Reaction score
arync;2484080 said:

Ever see the movie Fever Pitch about the Red Sox. This may be the most accurite post ever on this site.

Boysboy

Reaction score
alancdc;2484842 said:
Ever see the movie Fever Pitch about the Red Sox. This may be the most accurite post ever on this site.

Yep-that was a very good movie. I remember reading somewhere that they had to change the ending b/c it was shot in the same year the Rex Sox broke their jinx.