The worst thing to happen to the NFL was Free Agency

Doomsday101

Reaction score
braw said:
The reason they now pay that kind of money because the investment potential is great hardly any risk involved. I believe the Rooneys bought the Steelers for around 14,000 now worth 850 million great investment.

And Its not one person buying the team its usually a group of investors that buy in to a club that happens to reside in the city. Where the people are taxed to help pay for the new stadium. Where the owner now makes money on, not only from football games.

Also let me know which owner has ever lost all his investment in the NFL. If there is none then the investment is not a risk investment.

The point is the player is not making that type of investment, he is playing a game and getting paid millions to do so. I think it is a joke that millionairs even have a union to start with, oh yeah they are really mistreated and underpaid. Give me a break!!!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
But if salaries for players become too large a percentage of revenues the owner will have problems paying his debt. When someone purchases a franchise for 800 million they do have investors who want their money back.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
But if salaries for players become too large a percentage of revenues the owner will have problems paying his debt. When someone purchases a franchise for 800 million they do have investors who want their money back.

And that is just the investment in buying the team not player salaries which is another 90 mill.