The X Football League

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Rock's rebranded XFL kicks off February 18th, the Saturday after the Super Bowl. Games will be broadcasted on ESPN, ABC, and FX. Three of the 8 teams are in Texas - Arlington, San Antonio, and Houston - but the team I want to see is the Seattle Sea Dragons. I'm curious about their starting QB: Ben DiNucci. The Nooch! :muttley:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So Paxton Lynch is now QBing the Orlando Guardians and good ol' Wade Phillips is head coach of the Houston Roughnecks.

Bob Stoops' Arlington Renegades won the season opener 22-20 over the Vegas Vipers.

All reviews are prompted by the booth, like college, and coaches get one challenge they can use to review any penalty. I bet Sirianni would've liked that rule late in the SB.

My favorite rule? In the last 2 minutes of a half the clock stops on a first down until the ball is set for play. There's none of the nonsense of watching 60 year old refs rushing to set it as the clock ticks away, but only when you pick up a first down. I'd put that in the NFL tomorrow.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Paxton Lynch got benched in the 4th quarter after only leading his team to 6 points. Dude is trash, and Jerry lamented not being able to get him in 2016. :facepalm:

Meanwhile...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I watched the Arlington Game. I like the team. Well coached by Stoops. Scrappy team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ben DiNucci still being Ben DiNucci. His target? Josh Gordon. Yes, the Josh Gordon.

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-...ay-after-release-allegedly-sharing-team-plays

The XFL has reinstated quarterback Quinten Dormady after reports on Friday accused the former Central Michigan standout of giving plays from the Orlando Guardian’s playbook to an opposing team, the league told Fox News Digital.

Vice President of Communications Jeff Altstadter said in a statement Friday the XFL has reinstated the Guardians’ player following "additional information," which has prompted a "formal investigation into the issue."

joseephuss

Reaction score
A 3 point conversion from the 10 yard line is dumb. It has to be more challenging than that. At least from the 15 yard line minimum and preferably from the 20. Honestly, I don't like it at all. It is too much of a reward for scoring a TD to earn a potential extra 3 points.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Arlington Renegades (4-6) got the second playoff spot from the South because someone had to get it, so of course they knock off 7-3 Houston to get to the title game.

Surely, the 10-1 DC Defenders will roll them...or not. Arlington leads 26-12 in the 3rd quarter. It's basically Dallas-Washington, so it works.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Arlington pulls the upset and wins the XFL Championship. They have broken the DFW's 27 year drought of pro football championships.

Mannix

Reaction score
I started a thread on Fan Zone in regard to Big Game Bob possibly replacing MM…not sure why it was deleted, but it was an honest question I was asking…and obviously Cowboy related. Thoughts about this possibly happening at seasons end??? I would be 100% all in…I love the guy!!!