*** The Zone Supporters system has been replaced! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am excited to announce the first change will be to the Zone Supporters system.

The Zone Supporters system is being replaced by a new system called, "LEGION OF FANS" (LOF).

Why LEGION OF FANS? Simple .. there are millions of Cowboys fans all over the world so what better way is there to describe the official CowboysZone fan community! We are not just another fan base .. we are a LEGION OF FANS!

The LEGION OF FANS system will work similar to the Zone Supporters system with a few improvements that resolve some of the issues with it.

For example, the Zone Supporters system has always operated on a single year-based timeline for all members who donated. Since the Zone Supporters system rolls over after the season ends, any members who donated late in the year only benefitted from being a Zone Supporter for a short period of time.

With the LEGION OF FANS system, everyone who donates will enjoy the LEGION OF FANS benefits for a full year after they donate.

I have been contacted many times over the years by members asking how much to donate, but I have never given an answer to that question. The reason was that I did not want anyone to donate money they could not afford and I wanted everyone to feel great about their donation no matter the amount because it helped the site.

The problem with that is that it left the members wondering if they donated too little or too much while also making people who liked to donate more feel like there was no reason to do so because everyone received the same green Zone Supporter banner below their name in their posts.

The new LEGION OF FANS system resolves both of those issues by providing three levels of membership .. CowboysZone LOYAL Fan, CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan and CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan.

Each level will have its own preset donation amount and, more importantly, will also have its own forum post badge that will display the membership level of the poster below their username in all of their posts. Along with the new forum badge, the old green Zone Supporter banners will be removed.

All current Zone Supporter benefits will be included in each of the new LEGION OF FANS levels. In the future though, some added benefits and features may be limited to specific membership levels.

The last change will be to how everyone donates to CowboysZone. We are moving away from a basic PayPal donation page to the new official CowboysZone Store. After all of these years and so many member requests, CowboysZone is finally getting its own store!

I will announce more about the CowboysZone Store soon, but for now all it will contain will be the digital donation items for the new LEGION OF FANS membership.

From a personal standpoint I want to thank everyone who has donated over the years. I have always made sure CowboysZone is hosted on enterprise level servers in high-end data centers and, while never cheap, it has always kept the site running fast during the best of times and worst of times. While I always covered the bulk of the hosting and operating costs of running CowboysZone over the years, every donation made to CowboysZone has been used toward those costs.

So, to everyone who has donated over the years, especially those who donate almost every year, I want to say thank you for supporting CowboysZone!

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though you may have seen them already in forum posts, these are the new forum badges ..

cz-forum-post-badges.png

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you would like to support CowboysZone by donating and joining the CowboysZone LEGION OF FANS, please use the new CowboysZone Store to select which membership level you want.

As always, ALL donations are appreciated!

CowboysZone Store
https://shop.cowboyszone.com/

It is definitely a work in progress and as I said in the other announcement, more is planned for the store, but for now its main goal will be to allow people to donate.

For those who want to upgrade their membership level, I will be making a new announcement most likely tomorrow about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.