TheCount Mock v3.0

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Rd 2 (#51): Duke Robinson
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 329 | Position:OG | College: Oklahoma

I want Brian Robiskie here, I've made no secret of that and if he's available (especially since we still have Holland, who played pretty well in limited time), I'd take him over Duke Robinson, but I'm willing to concede for the time being and take a guy that would give us immediate depth and could be the future at the LG position.

Rd 3 (#69): Lawrence Sidbury
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 266 | Position:DE | College: Richmond

The Cowboys have shown interest and it makes sense, get Greg's replacement in here.

Rd 4 (#101): Coye Francies
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 185 | Position:CB | College: San Jose State

We need more CB's and Coye fills that role, a work in progress but has all the tools.

Rd 4 (#117): Scott McKillop
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 243 | Position:ILB | College: Pittsburgh

Extremely productive in college, but not the best athlete. Gives us depth and he's instantly an upgrade over Bobby Carpenter.

Rd 5 (#156): A.Q. Shipley
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 304 | Position:C | College: Penn State

More depth on the O-Line, time for some new blood.

Rd 5 (#166): Mike Wallace
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 199 | Position:WR | College: Mississippi

Speedy slot receiver adds insurance in case Stanback doesn't make strides, can play special teams as well.

Rd 5 (#172): Sammie Lee Hill

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 331 | Position:DT | College: Stillman College

Backup NT to Ratliff, size to stuff the run.

Rd 6 (#197): Josh Mauga
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 245 | Position:OLB/ILB | College: Nevada

Injured and may need some more time to heal, but we have to restock up on LB depth, especially if Bobby will be moving on soon.

Rd 6 (#208): Everette Pedescleaux
Height: 6-6 | Weight: 305 | Position:DE | College: Northern Iowa

My low risk, high reward pet. Backs up Igor or Spears, and gives us someone to groom in case we lose Spears to FA soon.

Rd 7 (#210): Bear Pascoe
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 251 | Position:TE | College: Fresno State

Special teams player I'm thinking of specifically because of the new wedge rules, has good enough hands and is known as a good blocker so he can be the third TE if we need him.

Rd 7 (#227): Domonique Johnson
Height: 6-2 | Weight: 192 | Position:DB | College: Jackson State

I don't buy the hype about him being the next DRC at all, his stock has been dropping as well after people actually saw him work out so but as our last pick this year? What the heck, let's see what he's got. Has the size to play some FS as well, but if he can't game on special teams, cut ties and move on.

-----------

I know there's no way we make this many picks anyway, but what do you guys think?

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I would love this draft! Great mock and Coye Francies is starting to grow on me the more I scout him.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
There's plenty to like about this draft, but I'm not sure that Francies will last until the 4th. Robinson could go earlier than 51 as well. All of these guys are players rather than workout warriors, which I like. There seems to be a healthy supply of ILB's in this draft in the mid rounds, and I'm not sure how to rank them. Wallace has speed, but does he have the hands?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Quick send this to Jerry and the rest of the NFL so I do not have to watch the draft. On second thought it gives me an excuse to get out yard work draft weekend. Excellent job. Only one thing I would change but I do not think it would be possible. I not a big fan of Wallace but would love to have Mike Thomas WR from AZ (don't think he will drop that far) or Johnny Knox from albiene christian.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I like this mock alot..well done Sir. I would be extremely pleased if this is how it shook out.