thefootballexpert mock draft

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Thefootballexpert.com: 4 Round Mock Draft, with explanations for each pick.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
51. Dallas Cowboys - Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
The strong safety to eventually replace Roy Williams who is known more for his horse collars than his coverage skills.

69. Dallas Cowboys - Jarron Gilbert, DE/DT, San Jose St.
Chris Canty may leave via free agency. Gilbert is a fast rising prospect who looks to be a solid prospect for DE in the 3-4.

97. Dallas Cowboys - Jason Watkins, OT, Florida
Flozell Adams is getting older and needs a solid backup. Its hard to believe he is ONLY 33. i think this is a typo of age, maybe he is 23

113. Dallas Cowboys - Jarett Dillard, WR, Rice
Even without the T.O situation, the Cowboys could add another WR. Dillard set numerous NCAA records in his illustrious career at Rice.

these are the picks they had the cowboys taking

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
not bad, I could live with that

although I can see Parcells stealing Gilbert in the 2nd from us

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i dont think parcells will go after him, but parcells will sign chris canty

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I like Jason Watkins. He gives you a plan at LT and can swing. I just don't think Doug Free is the anwer. If Free wakes up, then, you have two plans at LT. Time is ticking on Free.

I don't like Chung in round 2. Games are won in the trenches, and the left side of the offensive line can get some help in this draft. I can draft a SS in round 4.

Rashad Johnson is the guy I really like. He's smart and has the instincts to ball hawk. It will be interesting to see how fast he runs. He could slip to round 3.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I like it, but Watkins will prolly be there in round four.