There are going to be a couple dozen good DTs this FA

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
There will be ample opportunity for Dallas to turn DT into a strength from a weakness.
No reason not to sign a couple of decently - but not ridiculously - priced players at the position.
Hmm, Shelton, Brockers, Suh, McCoy, Pierce from Baltimore, Billings, Snacks, Robinson, ect.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There will be ample opportunity for Dallas to turn DT into a strength from a weakness.
No reason not to sign a couple of decently - but not ridiculously - priced players at the position.
Hmm, Shelton, Brockers, Suh, McCoy, Pierce from Baltimore, Billings, Snacks, Robinson, ect.

I agree that it's a buyer's market, but I consider some of the names you listed as "ridiculously priced", like Brockers and Suh, and possibly McCoy. Those guys are used to making the big bucks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In my opinion DT is our biggest need. We need someone who can push the pocket and create some havoc up front. A player like that can help stuff the run and free up others to the QB. Saw us get manhandled too many times upfront last season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Too high priced. Dallas is continuing on moving forward by drafting young legs for defensive positions.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree that it's a buyer's market, but I consider some of the names you listed as "ridiculously priced", like Brockers and Suh, and possibly McCoy. Those guys are used to making the big bucks.

I agree but volume alone will reduce their value IMO. In fact, I'm now leaning looking for my day-one DT starter from this bunch NOT the draft, even if the kid from South Carolina falls to 17. Right now I'd much rather use 17 at CB or LBer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree but volume alone will reduce their value IMO. In fact, I'm now leaning looking for my day-one DT starter from this bunch NOT the draft, even if the kid from South Carolina falls to 17. Right now I'd much rather use 17 at CB or LBer.

I don't think Kinlaw will be there. And like you, I'm also expecting the team to be looking at cornerback, either in round one or round two.

snapper

Reaction score
Shelby Harris.

Depending on the new system, I'd bet on this guy; he's in his prime and he can get better.

Mike Daniels if you're going with dependable and short-term help.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I got you. I was rattling off the names that came to mind, so some of the names may be miscast.
I'd love to add a piece like Snacks Harrison and one of the quality 3Ts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think Kinlaw will be there. And like you, I'm also expecting the team to be looking at cornerback, either in round one or round two.

Just my take but I'm keeping an eye on how the new coaching staff treats the LBer position. Remember our new DC promises to run a hybrid 4-3/3-4. The LBer position that was an absolute strength in 2018 has major question marks. Although Jaylon made a ton of tackles, something was missing. I'm not trusting LVE to stay healthy UNTIL he proves his neck issue is behind him. Thomas is a FA and Lee has one foot in and one out. Not saying I'd use 17 but certainly 2nd or 3rd.

quickccc

Reaction score

McCoy should 32 years of age, . ...Suh and Snack are facing the same age factor too at this stage of their careers,- these guys are clearly temporarily stop gaps, one year type band-aids.
I would not think these older ones would still be pricey.

the more younger 1 techs like Pierce and CJ Reader are more likely to be the more pricer markets.

I dunno what Andrew Billing's market value is ... but I don't recall hearing it's as higher regarded or in the range as Reader, Pierce will be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my take but I'm keeping an eye on how the new coaching staff treats the LBer position. Remember our new DC promises to run a hybrid 4-3/3-4. The LBer position that was an absolute strength in 2018 has major question marks. Although Jaylon made a ton of tackles, something was missing. I'm not trusting LVE to stay healthy UNTIL he proves his neck issue is behind him. Thomas is a FA and Lee has one foot in and one out. Not saying I'd use 17 but certainly 2nd or 3rd.

I see your points but linebacker is a bit further down my list. Fourth round or later for me.

But I’m bringing back Lee for another year too if it’s me.