There goes that top 10 pick

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Well I knew the Browns would be better than people thought but I expected a top 10 range but nope we will be lucky if it is top 15 pick.

Houston still sucks and will be 3-5 after today.

49ers are heading south Rams Dolphins suck and are fighting for the top 2 picks. Man never seen so many bad teams in this parity league right now it looks like the difference between top and bottom are like the 90's and 80's before salary cap

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1732991 said:
Maybe we can put the McFadden threads to bed now,

Please?

Nobody has ever forced you to read them, have they?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Rack;1732997 said:
Nobody has ever forced you to read them, have they?

And you have never made negative comments about a thread topic?

I know you have Rack.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
smarta5150;1733002 said:
And you have never made negative comments about a thread topic?

I know you have Rack.

If they bother me enough, I just don't click them.

It's not difficult.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Your a freaking genius then if you knew they were going to get good Quarterback play because everything about that team still is the same ol suck.

Its amazing what good Quarterbacking can do. Even for a team that sucks like the Browns.

Thats the only reason they are worth a crap.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
honestly all that matters is where OUR pick ends up being

I couldnt care less today what the Browns pick ends up being

David

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
smarta5150;1732991 said:
Maybe we can put the McFadden threads to bed now,

Please?

Well you are still going to have to deal with the Ray Rice threads.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;1733017 said:
honestly all that matters is where OUR pick ends up being

I couldnt care less today what the Browns pick ends up being

David

Good point. We may not end up with McFadden, but that pick will still likely be in the top half of the first round.

We can still get a pretty good player with a pick that high.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;1733033 said:
Good point. We may not end up with McFadden, but that pick will still likely be in the top half of the first round.

We can still get a pretty good player with a pick that high.

no doubt about it...and we will have alot of flexibility to move around if we need to

David

crazytown41

Reaction score
Let's not lose hope. The Cards in '02 were 4-2 and then lost the next 9 of 10. We believe!! :D

CalCBFan

Reaction score
I don't care where are picks are, I think there will be good players at positions of need when each pick comes up. IMHO we are not just 1 player away from becoming an elite team. I just hop Jerry doesn't outsmart himself (again) and bundle them up for another 1st rnd bust...

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1733302 said:
I don't care where are picks are, I think there will be good players at positions of need when each pick comes up. IMHO we are not just 1 player away from becoming an elite team. I just hop Jerry doesn't outsmart himself (again) and bundle them up for another 1st rnd bust...

How many times has since JJ has owned the team has he done that?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
of course i would love to get McFadden. The reality is that we will re-sign or tender Barber and promote him to starting RB in 2008. I doubt we draft a RB in the 1st round because of this, especially if we sign Barber to a long term deal. I'de rather see us go after some positions that we need to start developing for the future (Cough WR, CB Cough). Give me some Antoine Cason and DeSean Jackson baby!

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Kangaroo;1732983 said:
Well I knew the Browns would be better than people thought but I expected a top 10 range but nope we will be lucky if it is top 15 pick.

Houston still sucks and will be 3-5 after today.

49ers are heading south Rams Dolphins suck and are fighting for the top 2 picks. Man never seen so many bad teams in this parity league right now it looks like the difference between top and bottom are like the 90's and 80's before salary cap

I think this will work to Dallas' advantage, because, two mid to high round #1 picks will be affordable, whereas, a #1 sub 5th pick would be very expensive, and a higher risk for the dollar. Jerry can take his # 10 and #30+ pick, and get two pretty good picks.

rathalarge

Reaction score
For those who did automatically think that the Browns would not win more than 3 games, and give the 'Boys a top 5 pick...as the Schwammi says..."That's why they play the games"! Two first round talented players are better than one! That's how Jimmy built it in the '90's... and these Patriots also!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
We don't need McFadden, we need a CB and a WR, in that order.

We've got Marion, who could start on A LOT of teams in this league and we will either keep JJ, bring in a guy in FA or draft a backup to Barber in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Our running game hasn't been a problem outside of our run blocking, so if you want to spend one of those first round picks on a top flight O-lineman (which I don't think we need either since we've got Free and Marten in the wings), that would be fine, but RB is the least of our worries.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
CATCH17;1733014 said:
Your a freaking genius then if you knew they were going to get good Quarterback play because everything about that team still is the same ol suck.

Its amazing what good Quarterbacking can do. Even for a team that sucks like the Browns.

Thats the only reason they are worth a crap.

well i knew one thing before the season started......their best chance of winning was with Anderson at QB. That is why I am so disappointed that they trade Frye and have yet to play Quinn. They have the weapons...Edwards, Winslow, Jurevicius, and Lewis. They have a solid kicker, Dawson....I had huge questions about their OL, Defense, and health.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;1733681 said:
well i knew one thing before the season started......their best chance of winning was with Anderson at QB. That is why I am so disappointed that they trade Frye and have yet to play Quinn. They have the weapons...Edwards, Winslow, Jurevicius, and Lewis. They have a solid kicker, Dawson....I had huge questions about their OL, Defense, and health.

Agreed. I even told that to a browns fan friend of mine, and he was all over Frye at that time. He didn't think Frye would be good, but he thought Frye was their best chance to win.

Hopefully Andersen gets the dreaded high ankle sprain or something. The browns aren't a good team. They barely got by the freakin' Rams today and barely got by the Fins a couple of weeks ago.

They just got extremely lucky that their division turned to crap (with Pittsburgh being the exception) and the rest of their schedule looks pretty easy as well.