There goes the QB controversy

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
No doubt. We all knew Drew had the opportunity to squelch the talk tonight.

He's done just that. :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Wait, I thought one game didn't count. So now one quarter counts? ;)

Bah, I could care less who wins the QB battle. I just want a Super Bowl!

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Bledsoe's the incumbent, TruBlue. A trusted Parcells veteran.

It takes a lot less for Bledsoe to remain the starter than it does Romo -- an untested player -- to overtake the position.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dale said:
Bledsoe's the incumbent, TruBlue. A trusted Parcells veteran.

It takes a lot less for Bledsoe to remain the starter than it does Romo -- an untested player -- to overtake the position.
:hammer:

Right on the :money:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'd just like to be a Romo apologist for a second and point out that with one second stringer lineman and Terry Glenn out, Bledsoe looked horrible on his last drive. That was pretty much what Romo played with the entire first half against Seattle, and against a much better defense I might add. I still want to see TO out there. Bledsoe loves his wideouts.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I'd just like to be a Romo apologist for a second and point out that with one second stringer lineman and Terry Glenn out, Bledsoe looked horrible on his last drive. That was pretty much what Romo played with the entire first half against Seattle, and against a much better defense I might add. I still want to see TO out there. Bledsoe loves his wideouts.

How 'bout that last drive?

Touchdown Hurd!

Bledsoe has disbanded the Romo bandwagon.

Go Cowboys!

Unforgiven

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

Open mouth, insert..............

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Unforgiven said:
Open mouth, insert..............

Give Romo a chance against that bad defense. I bet he scores a few times too. :)

I hope Bledsoe looks great the entire season. Would love to be wrong. Been a long time since I've seen a high-powered offense in Dallas.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Mort made a good point though. Bledsoe's always been a fast starter. The concern comes late in the year if/when he's taken a beating.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Mort just spelled out the worries that some folks have. Bledsoe has always been a strong starter, weak finisher. We'll see.... Bledsoe can look like an MVP one weekend, and a lost cause the next. All I want is some consistency and a Lombardi and I'll be happy. :)

burmafrd

Reaction score
He fades because of the pounding he gets from deteriorating O lines.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
controversy?

i wanna see romo do well but drew is gonna hafta bust a leg 'fore parcells turns to romo.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Our situation is miles ahead of the last few years with who is a capable starter to last year being hope Bledsoe doesn't go down to now we have a capable backup.

I'm very happy we have Bledsoe with a good backup.

JMead

Reaction score
Mort is an idiot. He acts like he has all this inside information but when it turns up wrong you never here a peep out of him again about a situation.

Besides.. If Bledsoe is getting rattled by jail breaks what makes anyone think Romo could handle it? Can he even take a hit or absorb 5 sacks and still get the team in position to win games? I dont care how mobile you think you are there are just some plays you cannot avoid ( first play of the second half of the 2nd Giants game for example where Drew got drilled in the back before he could even hand the ball off ).

What these supposed experts spew is hilarious. A QB who has zero passing attempts handling the blitz better than a 14 year Vet who posted an 87 QB rating against the blitz last year.