There goes the QB controversy

jrumann59

Reaction score
For those that say Romo does better with the second unit then Bledsoe does, Bledsoe practices with the 1st unit more and romo practices with the 2nd unit more so the timing is consistent for romo to come in with the second unit and excel.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Bledsoe was on fire, and even still Romo looked tremendous himself out there. Don't let the scramble/fumble make you lose sight of what he accomplished. He was backed up at his own endzone in the rain and methodically drove his team down the field. His passes looked crisp and very accurate. I think Drew Bledsoe is the best thing that has happened to this team in a long time, but I am beginning to feel very good about our backup situation and our future.

I am not pleased at all with the running game. So far it seems this team must pass to set up the run, and I don't like that.

ddh33

Reaction score
I hope that fans don't already feel the need to take sides on this issue.

Finally, the Cowboys look like they have multiple people capable of doing a good job for the team. I thought Drew Bledsoe looked very good out there, but I thought Romo did absolutely nothing to take away the momentum he had created for himself. Both players played very well, in my opinion. As fans, that's the best thing for us...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I am not pleased at all with the running game. So far it seems this team must pass to set up the run, and I don't like that.

when TO hits the field for real - the run defenses are gonna relax like granny's sphincter after a prune-juice highball.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Mort made a good point though. Bledsoe's always been a fast starter. The concern comes late in the year if/when he's taken a beating.

Bledsoe has done fine when on a good team. You know, the type that has a good defense, the kind of defense that can bail him out. He hasn't had that in a while. So a late season fade also can come from, in cases like Buffalo, having to play catch up, or get into shootouts, which usually means more attempts, and more hits.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Bledsoe has done fine when on a good team. You know, the type that has a good defense, the kind of defense that can bail him out. He hasn't had that in a while. So a late season fade also can come from, in cases like Buffalo, having to play catch up, or get into shootouts, which usually means more attempts, and more hits.

Yeah but if our running game doesn't look better than it did tonight, he's going to have to throw more.

roughneck266

Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
when TO hits the field for real - the run defenses are gonna relax like granny's sphincter after a prune-juice highball.

ice picture you painted there.. thanks!:eek::laugh2::lmao2:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Yeah but if our running game doesn't look better than it did tonight, he's going to have to throw more.

That's a pretty valid point as well. Id put it like this. The running backs both have ability, it's more on the line than anything else. And that goes for QB protection as well.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
now its over, Romo, just lost his moxie
Romo lost nothing except a lot of media push in his favor. He still played very well in his turn and has proven that he can come out and play with the pressure on. And with the performance that Drew turned in the pressure WAS on.

Most certainly Drew came out and established beyond doubt that he is the starting QB of this team; something that most of us never doubted anyway. But the fact remains that he is now living with the fact that he has a very capable QB playing behind him and should he go down or falter badly down the stretch he might not keep his job or get his job back.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Mort made a good point though. Bledsoe's always been a fast starter. The concern comes late in the year if/when he's taken a beating.

...equation is how tired does any player get when they have experienced 50+ sacks since 1999? Yes part of the problem is his lack of wheels, but knowing that in advance a coach has to understand that Bledsoe may peter out at the end of a season if he's taken a beating.

Quite frankly any QB would be in the same boat.

That's why the real issue is not Bledsoe, but rather the state of your offensive line. If you don't want to invest in a healthy and effective offensive line, then you shouldn't really be looking at Bledsoe as being the QB of your team.

He won't be able to do the things he's good at - hanging in the pocket tough and making all the strong arm throws.

It's not really Bledsoe's fault. Everyone and their dog knows about his pistives and more importantly his NEGATIVES. It's a fault of the GM and team management in picking him up.

es22

Reaction score
Thank goodness.

No way Romo was going to start with this veteran team and perhaps Parcells's last year.