There is smoke that Aaron Jones could join his former head coach Mike McCarthy in Dallas

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We are drafting a rookie high now for RB. Cowboys have always notoriously gotten their RBs thru the draft.
I think our main plan right now is to take Jonathan Brooks in the second round. He's our second-round injury for this year. We'll get some cheap vet to be the place-holder.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I think our main plan right now is to take Jonathan Brooks in the second round. He's our second-round injury for this year. We'll get some cheap vet to be the place-holder.
They'll take brooks and he'll start in the 2025-2026

Carson

Reaction score
They were in on pollard at 3-6 million per year. Why not spend the extra few and get an elite back

Havic

Reaction score
They were in on pollard at 3-6 million per year. Why not spend the extra few and get an elite back
Aaron is no longer elite and hasn't been for the past couple of seasons.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The amount was not based on what they were willing to pay Pollard but what they are willing to pay for the position.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Aaron is no longer elite and hasn't been for the past couple of seasons.
He averaged 4.6 YPC this year, although he missed six games. The previous season, he played all 17 and averaged 5.3 per carry. That's pretty elite.

Carson

Reaction score
He averaged 4.6 YPC this year, although he missed six games. The previous season, he played all 17 and averaged 5.3 per carry. That's pretty elite.
Not to mention he plays amazing here

Havic

Reaction score
29 years old, coming off a down year / injury year, screams trap to me. Packers agreed apparently and went younger. Same with Henry imo. Still had a good season but you can tell he is on the decline.

gimmesix

Reaction score
29 years old, coming off a down year / injury year, screams trap to me. Packers agreed apparently and went younger. Same with Henry imo. Still had a good season but you can tell he is on the decline.
There's always going to be questions and the possibility of failure with free agents. Barkley just signed with the Eagles coming off a year where he averaged 3.9 per carry. I'll take the 4.6 YPC back even if he had to overcome an injury. He certainly ran all over us. You could say that was against our poor run defense, but then he averaged 6.0 against San Fran in the next playoff game.

Of course, if you want to fuss about his age and being on the decline, I'm not inclined to keep looking up stats to defend him since he's not going to be signing here anyway. Some other team will pay him the going rate, which seems to be around $8 million per year. The Joneses will look for someone in the $4-$6 million range.

Havic

Reaction score
There's always going to be questions and the possibility of failure with free agents. Barkley just signed with the Eagles coming off a year where he averaged 3.9 per carry. I'll take the 4.6 YPC back even if he had to overcome an injury. He certainly ran all over us. You could say that was against our poor run defense, but then he averaged 6.0 against San Fran in the next playoff game.

Of course, if you want to fuss about his age and being on the decline, I'm not inclined to keep looking up stats to defend him since he's not going to be signing here anyway. Some other team will pay him the going rate, which seems to be around $8 million per year. The Joneses will look for someone in the $4-$6 million range.
Running all over us is no accomplishment. I could see him going to the Browns, doubt Chubb will be ready / ever play again tbh.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Running all over us is no accomplishment. I could see him going to the Browns, doubt Chubb will be ready / ever play again tbh.
Again, he averaged 6.0 against San Francisco in the very next game. 18 for 108.