There's a Band Across the Street

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
They've been practicing together for about 3 weeks now. They are pretty good too. I enjoy going outside to listen to them while I wash my cars or water the plants.

Today I was telling a new neighbor that the lead singer sounds a lot like Bob Dylan sometimes, though he is actually a better singer than Dylan. Nowhere near the songwriter though obviously.

The last three songs they have done...Bob Dylan songs. I swear they could be a tribute band and make some money.

The first one they did was "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and I gotta tell you it was a really good version.

Eskimo

Reaction score
While Dylan is incomprehensible at times, he is one of the greatest songwriters of all-time and I do enjoy his performances.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Eskimo;3422399 said:
While Dylan is incomprehensible at times, he is one of the greatest songwriters of all-time and I do enjoy his performances.
Oh I absolutely agree. I think his song "The Hurricane" is just amazing.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Last time I looked, a whole bunch of Dylan's present band are from Texas, Austin specifically. I think Dylan's been enjoying playing with the young uns a lot more, of late.

Used to practice with a band at a house that jutted out into a city park. By the time we'd finish playing at 10, we'd often have ten or twenty people gathered around outside. Always a good sign. Probably some of our best performances were for those park pickup audiences.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;3422514 said:
What are the noise ordinances like in your town?
I live near the college district so they aren't too bad.

I want to go introduce myself so I can say I knew them when. :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;3422420 said:
Oh I absolutely agree. I think his song "The Hurricane" is just amazing.

that is my favorite dylan song.

I first heard it when I was about 11 at a friends house whose father was always spinning vinyl.

Song is great.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;3422749 said:
that is my favorite dylan song.

I first heard it when I was about 11 at a friends house whose father was always spinning vinyl.

Song is great.
As far as I am concerned that song is Dylan at his absolute best.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Hostile;3422747 said:
I live near the college district so they aren't too bad.

I want to go introduce myself so I can say I knew them when. :D

Better, take a group photo and blow it up to 8X10. Then ask them to sign it. Tell them you are from the future and they are going to be bigger than The Beatles. :D