There's a silver lining to either SF/PHI game outcome

blueblood70

Reaction score
The SF-PHI game is going to be hard to watch. I'll feel dirty pulling for either one.

But, when push comes to shove, DAL is still mathematically competing for the division, with a realistic chance of winning-out and putting the pressure on thus-nearly-flawless (and incredibly lucky) PHI not to collapse. And we know that anything can happen...as SF demonstrated with its own mid-season skid.

SF going into MetLife Landfill on Sunday & sending the Eagles faithful home with their heads down, going without the meat, and cursing the bread? Yeah, that would be nice.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The silver lining to me is they beat the living "____" out of each other.

A few Eagles with "DNP"' all week long peppered with a generous amount of "questionables" and topped with an "out" or two would be a nice outcome to their game this weekend. I wouldn't even mind if the Eagles returned the gesture and sent some 49ers to
"the Tent".

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is raining here. This will slow down SF speed. Feel like rain is an advantage to the Eagles.
Not really, I don't see San Francisco being built on speed,

they're built on physicality lots of motion, misdirection, and yac yards but get this straight they're a tough physical hard nosed team that can play outdoors in the rain... I mean they don't play in the cold but they definitely play in the rain quite often....

Maybe you're thinking Miami , they're all speed.

In my opinion both teams will be slowed down by lack of traction the get off you know from the defensive ends you know cuts from the running backs and the receivers that affects both sides you know see the Super bowl where they complained about the traction and that they couldn't be the team they wanted to be on that turf it's the same for both sides.. They both are outdoor teams that play on grass that's not gonna affect them at all both of them play in the rain like I said the only big difference is the cold winds...

blueblood70

Reaction score
In no way shape or form, does a WC team have an advantage over a division winner :facepalm:

Now, it might be an easier road to go through Philly than SF on the road but it’s too early to prognosticate.
Yeah the only upside to that is if they do get their fourth loss and somehow Seattle makes a push for the division or whatever it's possible it puts the division up for jeopardy it's a long shot but so is our hopes in winning the division... That's the only silver lining I see in San Francisco losing today is it does give them a fourth loss it's possible they could end up losing the division...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The silver lining to me is they beat the living "____" out of each other.

A few Eagles with "DNP"' all week long peppered with a generous amount of "questionables" and topped with an "out" or two would be a nice outcome to their game this weekend. I wouldn't even mind if the Eagles returned the gesture and sent some 49ers to
"the Tent".
lets hope for a cage match where everyone limps out no matter the outcome!

silvernblu

Reaction score
And maybe I just don't read enough, but it feels like it's flown over many heads that...

Sure a PHI loss at least makes it theoretically plausible that we win the division, assuming we take care of business next Sunday and assuming that Seattle performs as well against them as they did against us....

But a SF loss might be just as if not more beneficial because it would give them 4 losses, and puts us in control of home field advantage over them come playoff time.

Hey. We deserve to watch a game that we don't have to stress about who wins or loses, right? I think so.
You don’t read enough.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Duh...the San Francisco line won't dominate the Eagle defensive with that size and power. The Phiadelphia offense can match-up in the rain. The 49'ers won't shut down due to lingering reduced productions...momentum.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
OH. Damn. You're right. I missed that. I thought that only applied for the first round games. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

(Mods, feel free to delete... bad take on my part.)
You sir will be fined - expect a FedEx package in the morning.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Of course. It appears the overstimulation of three active sporting screens on a busy evening (and a bit of Maker's Mark on this Saturday evening) got the best of me. I stand humbly corrected, and appropriately ashamed.
No need to be ashamed - we all make mistakes. Cheer up and enjoy today’s. Games.

:starspin: :thumbup: :starspin:

loublue22

Reaction score
the silver lining would be PHI essentially clinching the 1 seed, as we would rather it be them than SF, since we are likely to play the 1 seed in the divisional round

_sturt_

Reaction score
Step 1 : Find a topic that may interest some folks.

Step 2 : Do some basic research about the topic.

Step 3 : Start a thread.
You're right. Absolutely. It's my bad.

Even worse, I just chided some people yesterday for posting uninformed takes on the Leonard situation. When will I learn.

Again, would appreciate mods deletion, but it's up to them, of course.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The SF-PHI game is going to be hard to watch. I'll feel dirty pulling for either one.

But, when push comes to shove, DAL is still mathematically competing for the division, with a realistic chance of winning-out and putting the pressure on thus-nearly-flawless (and incredibly lucky) PHI not to collapse. And we know that anything can happen...as SF demonstrated with its own mid-season skid.

SF going into MetLife Landfill on Sunday & sending the Eagles faithful home with their heads down, going without the meat, and cursing the bread? Yeah, that would be nice.
Not a hard choice for me.

I’m rooting for the 9ers.