These list of players I would be fine in a small trade down

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are able to maintain their draft slotting and are able to move back (8-10 range), here are the list of players early on, I would be fine taking, in no particular order:

Parsons
Slater
Farley
Surtain
Pitts

Say we move down to 8-10 range, trading team would take a QB at 4. That would give us an excellent chance to land one of these players. After this group, the talent drop-off could be significant, which is why I do not want to move back further then the 10th overall pick.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think that's the ideal group of 5 we need to consider, whether that's in a trade down like you said, or if we win a game over the next 3 weeks and jump from 4 to 9 similar to what the the Chargers just did.

At 4, we are sitting in a position of someone trading up for QB3 OR if the Bengals get overwhelmed with an offer for QB3, we are right back to looking at Penie Sewell.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I think that's the ideal group of 5 we need to consider, whether that's in a trade down like you said, or if we win a game over the next 3 weeks and jump from 4 to 9 similar to what the the Chargers just did.

At 4, we are sitting in a position of someone trading up for QB3 OR if the Bengals get overwhelmed with an offer for QB3, we are right back to looking at Penie Sewell.
Very true, could happen that the Bengals deal the pick, although they rarely ever trade, which will have Sewell fall into our laps. The 4th pick in my opinion, is like having a winning lottery pick. You either will be able to trade back or land a blue chipper in Sewell, it's a win win for the franchise. Question is, will they lose out or win more games? We shall find out.

Sandyf

Reaction score
If the Cowboys are able to maintain their draft slotting and are able to move back (8-10 range), here are the list of players early on, I would be fine taking, in no particular order:

Parsons
Slater
Farley
Surtain
Pitts

Say we move down to 8-10 range, trading team would take a QB at 4. That would give us an excellent chance to land one of these players. After this group, the talent drop-off could be significant, which is why I do not want to move back further then the 10th overall pick.
Good group to choose from but I might add Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa to that list. Watching tape on him and he looks to be a special DT, maybe not Aaron Donald but similar.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Parsons
Slater
Farley
Surtain
Pitts

It’s basically the same players we’re considering if we don’t trade down...which is why trading down is appealing.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So now if they pick someone other than who you named we have to hear how it was a reach and a bad draft lol

timb2

Reaction score

Unless TIMB2 has a mock draft and we have everyone say " WE HATE IT".

Bigdog

Reaction score
I know people are discussing trading down but I would hope that Jerry entertains the idea of trading up with the Jets if we are in the top 5 to see what they would want for Lawrence. The Chiefs went from a 27 to 10 and gave up a 1st and 3rd and next year 1st to obtain Mahomes. I would at least gage the Jets on what they want for the pick. We are projected to have an extra 3, 4,5, and 6 this year. Don't get me wrong, I like Dak but looking at from a financial standpoint. We are not going build our pathetic defense overnight. When I lived in Boston during the Big Dig they had a sign on interstate 93 that said Rome was not built in a day. If it was we would have hired their contractor.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Unless TIMB2 has a mock draft and we have everyone say " WE HATE IT".
LOL

A tad difference between a team trading up to 3 or 4 for QB3 and your mocks where everyone trades up and the Cowboys trade down 6 times...