these refs are amazing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:
They changed that a couple years ago, because of some bad calls. Now the crews who work these playoff games are the same crews that work together during the season.
I'm glad they changed. After all, this crew did such an outstanding job tonight. :mad:

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
I think that the refs should be in the Steeler team picture. They did everything they could to screw the Hawks over. This was a brutal officiating job. It made the Super Bowl a lot less than super.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I just spent some time looking over boards of many other teams. The hottest thread on almost every board is about how poorly the game was officiated.

curboys

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
If this fumble is not reversed I will start to doubt the honesty of the refs.

Everytime it seemed the Seahawks were going to take the lead out popped a yellow flag. How convenient!!!

RedLine

Reaction score
That was an embarrassment for the league. I hate to see regular season games decided by the officials, but to have the Superbowl so heavily influenced just left me with a real sour feeling about the game.

I am not a fan of ether team, so I really did not care who won. I am however a football fan and I did not enjoy this game at all due to all of the bad calls and the no calls in favor of the Steelers.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Agreed..

When the refs called holding after Seattle had 1st and goal from the 1 yd . line and moved it back to like the 40..that was outragous.

I sort of quit watching right then.

I felt there was no way Seattle would recover from that call.

Turned out I was pretty much right.

Sometimes, being good enough isn't enough.

Reminds me of the Cowboys vs. Colts game where Dallas lost that game on a bad ref call, too, where John Mackey caught a pass for a big gain that was touched by another offensive player before he caught it.

Turned out to be the difference in the game.

Sorry game and not up to standard for Seattle.

But give Cowher and Co. credit. They did this the hard way and deserve all the credit.

parcellswaterboy

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
wow-these refs were abysmal- all the calls went in pittsburghs favor-

1 -the push off by jackson- which was duplicated by hines ward on two other plays

2- holding call on the long pass to stevens

3-holding call on the long run by alexander

terrible job- the nfl should be ashamed

RedLine said:
That was an embarrassment for the league. I hate to see regular season games decided by the officials, but to have the Superbowl so heavily influenced just left me with a real sour feeling about the game.

I am not a fan of ether team, so I really did not care who won. I am however a football fan and I did not enjoy this game at all due to all of the bad calls and the no calls in favor of the Steelers.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
A quick look back shows that there should have been a flag on the play where Locklear allegedly held, but it should have been on Haggans. He was offsides on that play and the one after it.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
wow-these refs were abysmal- all the calls went in pittsburghs favor-

1 -the push off by jackson- which was duplicated by hines ward on two other plays

2- holding call on the long pass to stevens

3-holding call on the long run by alexander

terrible job- the nfl should be ashamed

The worst call of all was the "blocking below the waist" call on Hasselback for making a tackle.

You also forgot the holding call on the nice punt return.

jimmy40

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
A quick look back shows that there should have been a flag on the play where Locklear allegedly held, but it should have been on Haggans. He was offsides on that play and the one after it.
No doubt.:bang2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
The worst call of all was the "blocking below the waist" call on Hasselback for making a tackle.
You also forgot the holding call on the nice punt return.

That one broke the camels back.......

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
That one broke the camels back.......

I'd actually seen that called a few times earlier in the year. I can't think of who or when off the top of my head but I remember an offensive player getting called for it when he took out a blocker low on his way to the ball carrier. It was blatant and the right call by the book. The Hasselback tackle wasn't.

wxcpo

Reaction score
I cannot believe that anyone could look at this game objectively and say there weren't some highly questionable calls that all went against the Seahawks. Not only that there were questionable calls, but they all came at a time when Seattle was moving in a position to take the lead.

The offensive pass interference on Jackson nullified a TD.
The holding call on the Stevens catch that put Seattle at the Pittsburgh 1 yard line, nullified Seattle to take athe lead.

The consecutive offsides and the blocking below the waist on Hasselbeck. How the heck does a defensive player get called for a blocking penalty when it was more than apparent he was going for the tackle. I have been a high school football ref for over 5 years now and I have always instructed my crews that on game changing calls they had better be absolutely sure about their calls. I want outcomes ot be decided by the players on the field and not by my officiating crew. Too bad these guys tonight felt the opposite.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
The refs were horrible! Granted, Seattle made enough bonehead mistakes to lose on their own but they really didn't have a chance with the refs against them.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I'd actually seen that called a few times earlier in the year. I can't think of who or when off the top of my head but I remember an offensive player getting called for it when he took out a blocker low on his way to the ball carrier. It was blatant and the right call by the book. The Hasselback tackle wasn't.

I remember it being called as well....and can't remember who it was against.:)

Hasselback was simply making a tackle........horrible call.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I remember it being called as well....and can't remember who it was against.:)

Hasselback was simply making a tackle........horrible call.

At least you can use age as an excuse for poor memory.:D

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

I thought Steelers were off sides quite a bit and it was not being called...

wood28

Reaction score
how much pay the steelres to the refs to win this SB ? thats the big question ... im realy realy :mad: :mad: this su.ks, the refs su.ks