CFZ These things can be predicted for 2024

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some things are easy to predict in this world. The sun will rise. It will be hot this summer. Christmas decorations will start showing up in stores earlier and earlier each year.

The NFL however is harder to predict as we all know. Except for the Dallas Cowboys. I wish this wasn’t true. But the Cowboys have become fairly predictable in many ways. In fact, here are some predictions I can confidently make for 2024:
  • Jerry will hold court in the Cowboys “party bus” prior to the draft. Whatever he says won’t make sense.
  • Jerry will proclaim we had “a great draft” this spring. May even show the world our entire draft board to back it up.
  • Stephen will explain why we ”can’t afford” any big FAs this year. You know…salary cap restrictions.
  • Jerry will tearfully tell us at his annual “State of the Cowboys” presser how strongly he believes in his team, his players and coaches, and that he cannot be anything but positive because that’s his nature. Other “State of the Cowboys“ presser predictions:
    • Jerry will be dressed like a coach.
    • Stephen will giggle at all his daddy’s jokes.
    • Jerry will once again set a Guinness record for the number of times the word “uh” is used.
    • Mike McCarthy will look uncomfortable and will speak last and least.
  • Less Cowboys fans will believe all or most of the above sales job than at any time this century.
  • But the “stayjum” will still be full and the networks will make the Cowboys the Game of the week each week.
  • The only other prediction that is easy: If the Cowboys actually miraculously have a deep playoff run in 2024, it will be because “Lady Luck” felt sorry for us.
Sadly, the above predictions could have been made every year for decades.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Some things are easy to predict in this world. The sun will rise. It will be hot this summer. Christmas decorations will start showing up in stores earlier and earlier each year.

The NFL however is harder to predict as we all know. Except for the Dallas Cowboys. I wish this wasn’t true. But the Cowboys have become fairly predictable in many ways. In fact, here are some predictions I can confidently make for 2024:
  • Jerry will hold court in the Cowboys “party bus” prior to the draft. Whatever he says won’t make sense.
  • Jerry will proclaim we had “a great draft” this spring. May even show the world our entire draft board to back it up.
  • Stephen will explain why we ”can’t afford” any big FAs this year. You know…salary cap restrictions.
  • Jerry will tearfully tell us at his annual “State of the Cowboys” presser how strongly he believes in his team, his players and coaches, and that he cannot be anything but positive because that’s his nature. Other “State of the Cowboys“ presser predictions:
    • Jerry will once again set a Guinness record for the number of times the word “uh” is used.
  • Less Cowboys fans will believe all or most of the above sales job than at any time this century.
  • But the “stayjum” will still be full and the networks will make the Cowboys the Game of the week each week.
  • The only other prediction that is easy: If the Cowboys actually miraculously have a deep playoff run in 2024, it will be because “Lady Luck” felt sorry for us.
Entertaining one. Needed that lol.

I’d add….superscout Jerry at the Senior Bowl, fully accessorized with mesh ball cap, clipboard and stop watch, proclaiming that “Daks our guy” and they will be extending him. Then wonder why they get killed in contract nego.

For good measure let’s throw in a “best shape of my life” tweet or two around May.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Entertaining one. Needed that lol.

I’d add….superscout Jerry at the Senior Bowl, fully accessorized with mesh ball cap, clipboard and stop watch, proclaiming that “Daks our guy” and they will be extending him. Then wonder why they get killed in contract nego.

For good measure let’s throw in a “best shape of my life” tweet or two around May.
Lol! Jerry is the “king of cosplay”!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Yep, it's its like bad reruns now.
You know what gonna happen.
It's becoming less enjoyable to follow this team.
You know it's going to end badly.

blueblood70

Reaction score

You forgot to add in there that the curse was supposed to be lifted if every year we make the same proclamation one was Jimmy would never get in the Ring of Honor while Jerry was alive that was wrong.... I realize the bigger picture we need to get into a Super Bowl that is we're still one of the most winning best teams in the NFL both regular season and still have a great playoff like all time win percentage and record somehow all this time went by and the Niners while more success was had has not passed us yet they had more shots at it but they still have not won the Super bowl since 1994...

You all sit here with a straight face and act like the Cowboys are the only organization that does this because Jerry is at the helm then why is it the Kansas City Chiefs took 51 years between their Super Bowl wins?

Why is it the Eagles entire existence they have one Super Bowl?

Why is it there still a handful of teams that have zero Super Bowl wins and let's not drool over the lions one finally having a successful season it didn't end in a Super Bowl...

They're countless football teams let alone pro sports teams like the Texas Rangers that took their entire existence 52 years to finally win a chip... So let's make this count the Dallas Stars the Dallas Mavericks and the Texas Rangers have 3 total championships that's one each and their entire existence I realized they had chances along the way but championships are legacy championships are what's important so how is it that Jerry Jones in 33 years has three titles and he's being questioned about 28 year droughts when you can look all over sports and there are far longer droughts including the NFL eventually teams will come out of it eventually we will get our day in the sun once again...

I know being the voice of reason when we are not getting to an NFC championship game and pass the second round doesn't work around here because people like to complain find reasons to hate the club but I'm telling you right now I mean we could do this all day all around sports these droughts are far longer and bigger and they're waiting on either their first second maybe their third title Cowboys are waiting on #6..​
Well you doubt it or not sometimes it's just happenstance it's part of the process you have to wait your turn for things to work in your favor and it's all around sports proves that...​

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Couch Coach left me with a wise outlook on the current Cowboys conundrum if you will .

Be hopeful we get 17 meaningful games that we can still tune in each week and root our guys on. These games are still real and hold some validity and joy in each competitive contest.

In other words we still have the game. It doesn’t have to be connected to winning more at the end of the season. This notion that unless we are pursuing championships it’s all for naught is an endless bottomless pit with this ownership.

Once we lower our expectations and take such games on its own merit only then can we begin to take out all of the negatives which surround this organization under this ownership.

Basically blocking out the noise and accepting it for what it is and has become. Doesn’t mean we can’t continue calling it out and offering our critical analysis but for 60 minutes at least 17 weeks a season we can engulf ourselves in the pure joy of the game itself.

I thank our wonderful ole buddy for this is how I have been conducting myself in recent years.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You all sit here with a straight face and act like the Cowboys are the only organization that does this because Jerry is at the helm then why is it the Kansas City Chiefs took 51 years between their Super Bowl wins?
Well Blue…I didn’t exactly have a straight face…just kidding you. :thumbup:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couch Coach left me with a wise outlook on the current Cowboys conundrum if you will .

Be hopeful we get 17 meaningful games that we can still tune in each week and root our guys on. These games are still real and hold some validity and joy in each competitive contest.

In other words we still have the game. It doesn’t have to be connected to winning more at the end of the season. This notion that unless we are pursuing championships it’s all for naught is an endless bottomless pit with this ownership.

Once we lower our expectations and take such games on its own merit only then can we begin to take out all of the negatives which surround this organization under this ownership.

Basically blocking out the noise and accepting it for what it is and has become. Doesn’t mean we can’t continue calling it out and offering our critical analysis but for 60 minutes at least 17 weeks a season we can engulf ourselves in the pure joy of the game itself.

I thank our wonderful ole buddy for this is how I have been conducting myself in recent years.
Well said Greg. Here’s to CouchCoach! Miss him every day.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well Blue…I didn’t exactly have a straight face.
I realize it but the narratives around here and around sports they act like Jerry Jones because he's the GM here and it's not the standard process ,it's the only thing that's holding us back and that's just not factual at all,

there's no proof of that lots of teams make changes at head coach, GM, lots of player turnover, and use lots of different schemes and even sometimes ownership changes or worse they change states lol and still never win anything(titans, oilers and Texans) or take longer than us to get back to where you want us to be and I get it I'm as disappointed as you but I'm also more of a realist... I see this happening all over and there are very few examples of very few teams find ways to stay relative Internet NFC championship game or AFC championship game on a regular basis it's very very rare... Like I said there is no blueprint there is no magic pill there is no way to know for sure that anyone blaming the way we have our GMO and ownership set up that it's holding us back at all it's literally other teams that do it by the book or by what you think you should expect to see as far as how the setup is from ownership down to head coach and yet there's so many teams that still don't have championships or only have one and their entire existence so there is no proof doing it the other way would automatically put us over the top...