CFZ These things can be predicted for 2024

aikemirv

Reaction score
Jerry's management of the team and coaches and the lack of belief in Dak's ability to perform in big games will continue to decrease my investment (emotional) in the team

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I realize it but the narratives around here and around sports they act like Jerry Jones because he's the GM here and it's not the standard process ,it's the only thing that's holding us back and that's just not factual at all,

there's no proof of that lots of teams make changes at head coach, GM, lots of player turnover, and use lots of different schemes and even sometimes ownership changes or worse they change states lol and still never win anything(titans, oilers and Texans) or take longer than us to get back to where you want us to be and I get it I'm as disappointed as you but I'm also more of a realist... I see this happening all over and there are very few examples of very few teams find ways to stay relative Internet NFC championship game or AFC championship game on a regular basis it's very very rare... Like I said there is no blueprint there is no magic pill there is no way to know for sure that anyone blaming the way we have our GMO and ownership set up that it's holding us back at all it's literally other teams that do it by the book or by what you think you should expect to see as far as how the setup is from ownership down to head coach and yet there's so many teams that still don't have championships or only have one and their entire existence so there is no proof doing it the other way would automatically put us over the top...
Yeah, having Jerry as GM isn’t the only thing holding us back. He’s just the main thing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, having Jerry as GM isn’t the only thing holding us back. He’s just the main thing.
Yeah that's the thing you could say that but I don't believe it I believe Jerry has given up so much of his normal everyday functions and control to guys like will mcclay and I whole host just like most corporations are set up of people that he relies on whether it's his coaching staff or his other people that had he has employed here which is about 1200 for the Dallas Cowboys alone but he has other investments and whatnot that he knows what management is they have a lot of it there is a lot of layers between Jerry and his employees people don't want to believe it but we've seen it...

So again if he's holding the team back then why have I have to keep explaining to you all the other teams that have had less success in the same time frame or the 33 years that Jerry's been the owner they haven't even touched that I mean some of them don't have any championships some have only had one Jerry's waiting on #4 and this franchise is waiting on #6,,, so somehow someone got to prove to me that him not giving up the title of GM even though he's given up most of the power it's holding us back I don't believe that because I see other teams fail that do it the way you feel it's supposed to be done and they keep firing people they keep changing out players and coaches and it's doesn't work there is no magic pill there is no true blueprint it's why we're still number three all time and wins after this long drought...

So if you choose to hold on to that and you choose to believe that that's on you I'm telling you I see so many other teams that have done it the way it's supposed to be in the book by your standards how ownership in the front office and the GM and how it's supposed to be structured and it still doesn't work you just want to see it done differently to prove your narrative even though we see examples of it doesn't work doing it that way either many many examples of just changing out pieces that people around here feel like you change out and just automatically you're in a Super Bowl that's not how it works...

nobody

Reaction score
Don't forget Jerry's inevitable comment sometime in the 2024 season that he'll compare the team to the 90's team despite them having won nothing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's the thing you could say that but I don't believe it I believe Jerry has given up so much of his normal everyday functions and control to guys like will mcclay and I whole host just like most corporations are set up of people that he relies on whether it's his coaching staff or his other people that had he has employed here which is about 1200 for the Dallas Cowboys alone but he has other investments and whatnot that he knows what management is they have a lot of it there is a lot of layers between Jerry and his employees people don't want to believe it but we've seen it...

So again if he's holding the team back then why have I have to keep explaining to you all the other teams that have had less success in the same time frame or the 33 years that Jerry's been the owner they haven't even touched that I mean some of them don't have any championships some have only had one Jerry's waiting on #4 and this franchise is waiting on #6,,, so somehow someone got to prove to me that him not giving up the title of GM even though he's given up most of the power it's holding us back I don't believe that because I see other teams fail that do it the way you feel it's supposed to be done and they keep firing people they keep changing out players and coaches and it's doesn't work there is no magic pill there is no true blueprint it's why we're still number three all time and wins after this long drought...

So if you choose to hold on to that and you choose to believe that that's on you I'm telling you I see so many other teams that have done it the way it's supposed to be in the book by your standards how ownership in the front office and the GM and how it's supposed to be structured and it still doesn't work you just want to see it done differently to prove your narrative even though we see examples of it doesn't work doing it that way either many many examples of just changing out pieces that people around here feel like you change out and just automatically you're in a Super Bowl that's not how it works...
I respect your opinion Blue. We just disagree. It’s all good.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The East West shrine game is going on at the Star all week. Should hear from these Bozo’s soon enough
Genius move to have it at the star. We should be able to record any and everything. Should be a huge advantage for the draft.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
So again if he's holding the team back then why have I have to keep explaining to you all the other teams that have had less success in the same time frame or the 33 years that Jerry's been the owner
Here's the thing - first, I think most would agree that it's the culture that Jerry brings is what holds this team back - we have seen the same exact problems from Wade to Jason to MM (good teams that when get hit in the mouth folds like a cheap suit) we've have some very good teams that always fall short, and I dont even mean win a SB.

So he is the common denominator - now yes him not being GM does not guarantee a SB but as a fan base it gives one hope, it at least shows us that as a franchise they are doing everything they can do to bring the team success, and as a fan thats all one can ask.

Keeping things the way they are, all we are doing is watching a rich old man play with his very expensive toy.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Some things are easy to predict in this world. The sun will rise. It will be hot this summer. Christmas decorations will start showing up in stores earlier and earlier each year.

The NFL however is harder to predict as we all know. Except for the Dallas Cowboys. I wish this wasn’t true. But the Cowboys have become fairly predictable in many ways. In fact, here are some predictions I can confidently make for 2024:
  • Jerry will hold court in the Cowboys “party bus” prior to the draft. Whatever he says won’t make sense.
  • Jerry will proclaim we had “a great draft” this spring. May even show the world our entire draft board to back it up.
  • Stephen will explain why we ”can’t afford” any big FAs this year. You know…salary cap restrictions.
  • Jerry will tearfully tell us at his annual “State of the Cowboys” presser how strongly he believes in his team, his players and coaches, and that he cannot be anything but positive because that’s his nature. Other “State of the Cowboys“ presser predictions:
    • Jerry will be dressed like a coach.
    • Stephen will giggle at all his daddy’s jokes.
    • Jerry will once again set a Guinness record for the number of times the word “uh” is used.
    • Mike McCarthy will look uncomfortable and will speak last and least.
  • Less Cowboys fans will believe all or most of the above sales job than at any time this century.
  • But the “stayjum” will still be full and the networks will make the Cowboys the Game of the week each week.
  • The only other prediction that is easy: If the Cowboys actually miraculously have a deep playoff run in 2024, it will be because “Lady Luck” felt sorry for us.
Sadly, the above predictions could have been made every year for decades.
That must be a relief. Do you need a cigarette?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry telling the fanbase once again. " This team is better than the 90's team" :facepalm: And he said it with a straight face....:facepalm:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and you guys will pretend it made a difference. You guys will be looking at the draft bragging about the great players we selected. Then jumping head over hills about the preseason, and once again it ends the same.

get that gear guys before it's all sold in a third world country,

ArtClink

Reaction score
The Cowboys 28 year playoff drought coincides with Rowdy’s start as our mascot. Coincidence?
Rowdy almost ended Emmitt’s season before it even started when he almost hit him from behind w a golf cart lol.

I would fire Rowdy as well as those clowns in the black cowboy hats that stand in each end zone.

leeblair

Reaction score
Some things are easy to predict in this world. The sun will rise. It will be hot this summer. Christmas decorations will start showing up in stores earlier and earlier each year.

The NFL however is harder to predict as we all know. Except for the Dallas Cowboys. I wish this wasn’t true. But the Cowboys have become fairly predictable in many ways. In fact, here are some predictions I can confidently make for 2024:
  • Jerry will hold court in the Cowboys “party bus” prior to the draft. Whatever he says won’t make sense.
  • Jerry will proclaim we had “a great draft” this spring. May even show the world our entire draft board to back it up.
  • Stephen will explain why we ”can’t afford” any big FAs this year. You know…salary cap restrictions.
  • Jerry will tearfully tell us at his annual “State of the Cowboys” presser how strongly he believes in his team, his players and coaches, and that he cannot be anything but positive because that’s his nature. Other “State of the Cowboys“ presser predictions:
    • Jerry will once again set a Guinness record for the number of times the word “uh” is used.
  • Less Cowboys fans will believe all or most of the above sales job than at any time this century.
  • But the “stayjum” will still be full and the networks will make the Cowboys the Game of the week each week.
  • The only other prediction that is easy: If the Cowboys actually miraculously have a deep playoff run in 2024, it will be because “Lady Luck” felt sorry for us.
I really don't think the excitement for the Cowboys will be the same next year. Even now the most diehard fans are accepting that they have been duped year after year, and it's embarassing.
And Jerry isn't willing to do what must be done to fix it.

Brax

Reaction score

You forgot him telling everyone after the massive Dak extension that makes him the highest paid player with the most guaranteed money ever in NFL with a no trade clause that he has locked in the top elite QB in the NFL with savvy negotiating skills that will allow Dallas to advance to the goal of winning the Super Bowl.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Couch Coach left me with a wise outlook on the current Cowboys conundrum if you will .

Be hopeful we get 17 meaningful games that we can still tune in each week and root our guys on. These games are still real and hold some validity and joy in each competitive contest.

In other words we still have the game. It doesn’t have to be connected to winning more at the end of the season. This notion that unless we are pursuing championships it’s all for naught is an endless bottomless pit with this ownership.

Once we lower our expectations and take such games on its own merit only then can we begin to take out all of the negatives which surround this organization under this ownership.

Basically blocking out the noise and accepting it for what it is and has become. Doesn’t mean we can’t continue calling it out and offering our critical analysis but for 60 minutes at least 17 weeks a season we can engulf ourselves in the pure joy of the game itself.

I thank our wonderful ole buddy for this is how I have been conducting myself in recent years.
Couch Coach nailed it and we should all follow his outlook instead of dwelling on the negatives. We all know the failures in the playoffs, but you have to get to the playoffs to experience them. So there are many reasons to be encouraged by the wins throughout the season which gives one hope that maybe, just maybe, they will turn things around. Many have given up. Just read the posts in this thread. They’d rather lash out and insult the Cowboys. Nothing wrong with that. I do it from time to time. We all do. But I just don’t dwell on it and allow it to shade me as a person like many here (not Bobhaze). We’re all entitled to a thread like this.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Haze, funniest post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "We uhhhhh, uhhhh, we're going to uhhh uhhhhhh uhhhhh going to be pleased with uhhh uhhhh the players we have and uhhhhhh I want to be uuhh very clear that uhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh!" lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Entertaining one. Needed that lol.

I’d add….superscout Jerry at the Senior Bowl, fully accessorized with mesh ball cap, clipboard and stop watch, proclaiming that “Daks our guy” and they will be extending him. Then wonder why they get killed in contract nego.

For good measure let’s throw in a “best shape of my life” tweet or two around May.
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the thing - first, I think most would agree that it's the culture that Jerry brings is what holds this team back - we have seen the same exact problems from Wade to Jason to MM (good teams that when get hit in the mouth folds like a cheap suit) we've have some very good teams that always fall short, and I dont even mean win a SB.

So he is the common denominator - now yes him not being GM does not guarantee a SB but as a fan base it gives one hope, it at least shows us that as a franchise they are doing everything they can do to bring the team success, and as a fan thats all one can ask.

Keeping things the way they are, all we are doing is watching a rich old man play with his very expensive toy.
Excellent post. Sums up a lot of the way I feel about “running it back” and “keeping things the way they are.
Theres a lot to be said for continuity. But not when your team keeps making the same mistakes by the same people. That’s depressing continuity.