TheSport78's FINAL Cowboys Mock Draft 07'!

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
1. Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU- He'll most likely be the BPA at #22 and I would love to grab this guy for this year and many years in the future. He could learn behind two of the best WR's in the game today and get decent playing time in 07'.

2. Brandon Merriweather, S, Miami- This guy may not be on the board but I have a feeling he's going to freefall on draft day due to character concerns. With the recent suspensions of Pacman and Chris Henry, this guy is a boom or bust player. I just love the idea of having a safety from the U playing for the Cowboys. He even has the ability to play some CB for us in the Dime/Nickel. History shows Miami produces playmaking safeties.

3. Paul Soliai, NT, Utah- He's the true NT that Wade Phillips is looking for. Over 340 pounds is nothing you want to mess with. He has work ethic and stamina issues, but he'll only be spelling Ferguson for now which means he'll be fresh most of the time.

4. Allen Barbre, OT, Missouri Southern St.- It's clear that Dallas is high on this guy. He's been compared to Todd Herremans of the Eagles and I'de have no problem grooming this guy for the future. He can play tackle or guard which is always nice to have.

5. Courtney Brown, CB, Cal Poly- I know Brown has been sliding up draft boards so he may not be here. But this is a mock draft so he will be there! Brown could be a second day steal for the Boys and would most likely replace Jacques Reeves for depth and could be a solid nickelback in due time.

6a. Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama- Jason Garrett loves those athletic fullbacks who can run and catch the football. McClain has tremendous hands out of the backfield and fits the bill perfectly.

6b. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise St.- Makes poor decisions but other than that he has a lot of upside to be a solid backup for the Cowboys.

7a. Juwan Simpson, LB, Alabama- His specialty is OLB which is what we need. Also a special teams demon which is something we need after the loss of Fowler to TEN.

7b. Uche Nwaneri, G/C, Purdue- Could be Gurode's backup or could be a camp body. But it's intriging that he can play guard and center.

7c. Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada- You just have to continue the Parcells trend of drafting a TE, right? No, but seriously we have Witten and Fasano which is solid. However, we have nothing behind them. Brett Pierce's career is probably over and Ryan Hannam is coming off a serious knee injury as well. Pudewell could be a solid #3 TE whose specialty is blocking.

Thoughts? I'm ready for the bashing as well :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;1458972 said:
I know Brown has been sliding up draft boards so he may not be here. But this is a mock draft so he will be there!

:laugh2: I like that attitude

and I like your draft

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1458974 said:
:laugh2: I like that attitude

and I like your draft

lol thanks Bob I appreciate it...you think Merriweather could fall to us in the 2nd?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We're kinda thin in the LB corps. I'd bet we pick one up much earlier and more often than just the 6th round. Otherwise, that'd be a pretty nice draft.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Looks like you put some work into this. I'd love Meriweather to fall to us in the second.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
Love the first 6 picks, don't care for the last 4, actually it's more they don't make my toes tinkle like the first 6, and I'd like a PR at some point.